Self Pay Florida

muckmuck
on 11/28/09 8:31 am
 Hello Everyone,

I am considering RNY, DS, or possibly Lap Band. My priority is an excellent Surgeon but my insurance won't pay so I have to give consideration for price as well. I prefer a Doctor in Florida. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank You in Advance,

Brett
Naomi B.
on 11/28/09 10:23 am
My surgeon was great! I had to pay also, and the price for his services (including post op visits, groups, etc. etc. ) anesthesiologist and all hospital was $15,000. His name is Dr. Wizman in Coral Springs and works out of the NW Medical Center where they have a unit devoted to bariatriac surgery. It was a good experience.

GIRLIEGODDESS
on 11/28/09 10:26 am, edited 11/28/09 10:26 am
hey brett!  i am currently getting ready to have my surgery through north florida surgeons w/dr. webb & deperi.  they are great.  not sure lap band & the sleeve are $15, 050.   that includes hospital, psych eval, dietician, surgeon fees, etc. 

i also looked into using dr. kim @ celebration health.  it's down near kissimmee.  i think lap band was $15K, sleeve was $16,695, and rny was $24K.  they were just a little to far and i want to be somewhere close in case of any complications. 

hope this helped.
FLGail
on 11/28/09 11:26 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi, Dr. Fernandez in Tampa Fl who operates out of the brandon hospital. He is a super surgeon and has excellent bedside manner. Check him out. His full name is Alfredo Fernandez and his office is on webb road in Tampa Fl.    He did my Rny and I never had to touch any pain meds.
Redhaired
on 11/29/09 5:20 am - Mouseville, FL
Brett-
There are no surgeons in Florida doing the DS.  There are several surgeons in the eastern US doing the DS but if cost is a factor then I would suggest Dr. Peters in Pennsylvania.  He has a great reputation as a surgeon and a very good self pay rate. http://cutweight.org/index.php

If it is the DS you want then do not let the idea of having to travel scare you off.  The DS surgeons are quite accustomed to working with out of town patients.  You can see a list of vetted DS surgeons at dsfacts.com

Red

wings
on 11/30/09 3:00 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Again, there are no surgeons doing the DS in Florida.  You can call and they will all tell you no. Trust me I called them all because I wanted to be close to my family.

On the other hand there are a lot of really good RNY surgeons in Florida.  I just choose DS because I feel it fits me. 

Please do your research before making a decision.

Wings
(deactivated member)
on 11/30/09 5:31 am
I just completed my RNY surgery and it was about $25K out of pocket, by Dr. Simon at JFK in Boynton Beach.  Great Doc and Great Staff!
Maggi K.
on 12/29/09 10:28 pm - Royal Palm Beach, FL
I have been to two doctors in South Florida,  I orginally had Dr. Larson of JFK in Atlantis do my LapBand.  He and Dr. Simon are partners.  I then switched to Dr. WIzman at Wellington Regional.  He also has an office in Margate.  I have never met anyone like The Wiz.  He is the best doctor I have ever had.  Call his office.  I think he does the sleeve.
Maggi

"Nothing is worth more than this day,"  Goethe

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views