Anyone post-op or just approved with Aetna ?

NCI B.
on 1/29/04 4:00 am - Hialeah, FL
Hello Everyone, I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself, since I'm new to the board. My name is Nicole, I live in Miami, FL. I have already turned in all my paperwork (2 days ago), and am doing my surgery with Dr. Juan Carlos Verdeja. I would like to know how long does Aetna usually take to advise if I am approved or not ? Waiting is the worst !! Thanks, Nicole
Stephanie L.
on 1/29/04 5:21 am - Orlando, FL
Nicole, I know that waiting is the worst! Aetna is one of those that can take a few weeks, my advice.......Make sure the Dr office has faxed it all in and then call Aetna on a daily basis--eventually they will get tired of hearing from you and judt get it done!! I was lucky with humana--I had my answer the next day, but I have some friends that have Aetna an it took one of them almost a month. So make yourself known, they have to enter a note everytime you call!! Good luck and welcome to the board!! Stephanie RNY lap bypass 8-2003 Only 22 lbs from my goal!!!
Chefswife (.
on 1/30/04 6:35 am - Pembroke Pines, FL
Hi Nicole, First we are sort of neighbors, I live in Pembroke Pines, FL. Second, 3 days post-op and I too had Aetna. It took 6 weeks for approval. I called every few days, they said it was under review everytime. Turns out Aetna lost some of my papers, as soon as my doc. refaxed them, I was approved that day. So make sure all is in place, and you too will soon be on the losing side. Takes time to get here, but worth the wait..
H J.
on 1/31/04 9:33 pm - Some Where In, FL
Hi Nicole, Dr. Verdeja is my surgeon..and I also have Aetna. Carmen submitted my paperwork, and I heard back from her 3 days later.(but I have known it to take several weeks) The waiting is awful, and I pray that God will give you the strength you need to help during this time. Be pro-active, and never give up on you! Wishing you the best of everything, If I can help in anyway, let me know H J
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views