Help Needed.

Perla K.
on 1/28/04 4:40 am - Boynton Beach, FL
Well, I'm 2 weeks post op. Cant seem to keep much down. No matter what I try, It ends up feeling like it is stuck and then I Last night I couldnt even take my medications, When I did I Then I get very very thirsty. I try to drink even water and no go. This morning was a little better, I was able to eat some cream of wheat with no problem but then, only like 1 tablespoon worth. Does anyone else have this problem? Perla
Stephanie L.
on 1/28/04 6:21 am - Orlando, FL
Perla, I am not sure that you should even be eating right now. My surgeon makes us stay on full liquid for 4-6 weeks post op--two weeks is really early to be eating anything of major substance. I am not sure what you are trying but any medicines you are taking right now should be crushed if possible as well. If anything does get stuck it usu means we are not chewing well enoigh or we are taking too big of a bite--try and get some baby spoons, it trained me to take small bites instead of the ones I was used to taking. Also, one ounce is all that you should be able to take right now anyway--that is normal now!!! I still find that funny. Try the old stand by of baby food, stage one fruits usu go down pretty easy. Try drinking thru a realy small straw like a coffee stirrer--that worked for me. Did your Dr not put in a G tube?? If so, you can always use that to hydrate yourself. Please feel free to email me, but if you truly cannot keeps sips, not drinks, of water down you need to call your Dr right away as we all have a greater chance of becoming dehydrated. And just FYI to you and all the other readers, if you feel thirsty, it is too late, you must make your whole day devoted to making sure you get enough fluid, that is our new way of life. Good Luck Stephanie
Bieniasz
on 1/28/04 9:34 pm - Tampa, FL
Hi Perla- At 2 weeks post op I was able to do full liquids whi*****luded...pudding, cream of wheat, milk, yogurt etc. I was on a 2 oz every 30 minute schedule . I had no problems doing this. I also was able to get 48 oz of clear liquids in during the day. I also was able to take my meds full pill form the day I came home from the hospital. That was per my Dr. If you are continuosly throwing up, you need to call your Dr. because you may have a stricture, meaning the opening where the food goes in has closed up some. I am at 3 weeks post-op now and have been on pureed foods for a week w/not a single problem..I can eat 3-4 ounces at a time. Best of luck to you! Lori 222/206/122? laprny 1-6-04
melindainfla
on 1/29/04 2:12 am - pinellas county, fl
Perla Call you surgeon NOW....sounds like a stricture. I have had serveral since my surgery. They are no fun and you can get dehy. fast. Strictures are easly repaired with dilatin under edo. Please call your dr. Melinda Lap RNY 10/17/03 -78lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views