Antibiotics gone wrong

Misty Fawn E.
on 11/23/09 11:37 pm - Riverview, FL
   I sooo want to hope somebody else has gone through this, but at the same time... not.   I had gastric 5 yrs ago.  A week and a half ago  I went to my primary doctor due to being sick for 3 weeks.  She said I had a bacterial infection and gave me DOXYCYCLINE HYCLATE.. OMG... immediately after I took the first pill, I started throwing up.  My fault didn't eat anything.  Well for the next 4.5 days I took 2 pills each day.  Soooo sick to my stomach.
   Well, on the 5th night, I laid in bed and I kid you not, it felt like a gallon of acid went up into my throat and sat there.  Which we all know is impossible due to our tiny tummys dont have much acid.  Well, i finally stopped taking the pills.  Unfortuantely now, I can't eat anything.  Yogurt feels like razer blades going down my throat and once it hits my stomach it feels like the worse pain ever.  As if somebody is repeatedly punching in the stomach.  As this happened to anybody else and if so what did you do????    PLEASE HELP.   (I am calling my gastric dr now.)
Redhaired
on 11/24/09 11:17 pm - Mouseville, FL
Ouchie!  I am so sorry you are having this trouble.  I hope you are feeling better soon and please let us know what the doc has to say.

Red

Misty Fawn E.
on 11/26/09 9:23 am - Riverview, FL
Well, went to the doctor yesterday.  He thinks its an ulcer.  They are trying to get me in as soon as possible to get a scope put down my throat to see.  He's hoping for Monday.  Treatment for now.. is try to drink as much liquid as possible, George's Aloa Vera and some other behind the counter slurry drink.... (in which my pharmacy does not have at this time.)  No food for two days.  HAPPY THANKSGIVING.  So nice to set there and watch everybody else eat, especially since you haven't eaten in 5 days!!!!!  I will let you all know what they find. 
Redhaired
on 11/27/09 5:55 am - Mouseville, FL
I will be keeping my fingers crossed that it all turns out ok and is something that is easily fixed!

Red

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views