Insurance not approving wls

Ronda E.
on 1/23/04 1:45 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
I am looking for individuals who are struggling to get their health insurer to cover bariatric surgery. If this is you, or someone you know, please send an email to [email protected] this weekend only! Thanks for all your help. Ronda Einbinder ObesityHelp.com Public Relations
Levinie W.
on 1/23/04 4:24 am - West Palm Beach, FL
I have United Health Insurance, I've had this insurance through my job for the past 8 years. Well as of January 2004 they no longer pay for wls. They now have an exclusion clause in all of their policies.
Ms. Tee B.
on 1/23/04 4:27 am - Tampa, FL
I have cigna hmo and was told they no longer cover wls as of 2004.
Marcie D.
on 1/23/04 8:49 am - Tampa, FL
Levinie, please check with United again. I spoke to them this week, as well as two other times this month and they all say that the surgery is covered if proof of medical necessity is submitted. They have doctors and nurses on their board that review the cases. This is pretty normal from what I hear.
BullDog Lady
on 1/23/04 4:27 am - Somewhere GREAT!
I have BCBS of FL...If what I hear is true I may not be able to get approval either because they are also going to stop paying for WLS this November 2004. I am currently working as hard as I can to get in and get approved before they stop.....X your fingers!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views