VBG in 87, Band Migrated thru stomach wall , read details please

Beverly R.
on 1/17/04 10:21 pm - Moultrie, Ga
Hello, I had VBG in 87 and lost 110 pounds in 8 months. Unfortunately I had a Obstruction occur when I was given two pills in the Hospital in the ninth month, that rendered my surgery ineffective. I am 48 now, I am a Nurse who is on SSDI due to Systemic Lupus. I have Gastroparesis, also known as delayed stomach emptying which causes Severe Nausea, Vomiting, and Abdominal Pain. I was recently seen by a Gastro Doc at Shands Hospital in Gainesville,Fl. He has referred me to a Surgeon at Gainesville. I have not received an appt date for the surgeon as of yet. The band has to come out according to the GI Doc. It is 75 perecent in the stomach and 25 percent thru the wall into the gastric cavity. I would like to know if you have heard anything about this complication, ie migration thru the stomach wall. Any recommendations for surgeons at Shands in Gainesville that do WLS surgery. Warm Regards to all, Bev in Georgia
catlady
on 1/18/04 4:50 am - Ft Gaines, GA
I am going to Dr Eric Thoburn in Gainesville with the Center for Obesity. His number is 1-800-342-6057 which is next door to North Florida Regional Hospital. He does not do the lap bands and one reason is what you described. I had my first consult with him on Friday and waiting for insurance approval. Try calling them. Shirley is the person who gets the information together for the Insurance.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views