Tampa support group meetings

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/09 9:57 pm - Tampa, FL
Since I am so long term post-op people keep asking me if I know of any Support group meetings in Tampa.  I have not been to a support group meeting in over three years, and mine was in Clearwater.  Does anyone know of a weight loss surgery support group in Tampa that meets at least monthly that is open to anyone no matter who did their surgery?

I do appreciate the fact that there are support groups in the Bay area but not in Tampa, and if you want to list those go ahead, but people are specifically asking about Tampa.  People want something local that they can get to during the week.

If there is not currently one locally, who would be interested in starting one?
(deactivated member)
on 11/21/09 6:40 am - FL
I think the second Tuesday of the month is Tampa General Hosp. BUT I would be willing to start one
(deactivated member)
on 11/28/09 11:48 am - plant city, FL
Tamap General Hospital has meetings the third Tuesday of each month between 6:30-8:30 in the Rehabilitation Center, 2nd Floor, Rehab Activity Room
cpcampbell
on 12/5/09 9:29 pm, edited 12/5/09 9:30 pm
Hello - do you have a contact name or phone number for information? I'm new to the area and would like to get involved in support meetings.  Thanks - Carla

Cpcampbell

Highest Weight = 206 lbs.
Surgery Weight = 185.6 lbs.
Current Weight = 120 lbs.
Goal Weight = 130 lbs. (5'1")

Katie_C
on 12/6/09 9:17 am - Land O Lakes, FL
I am a regular attendee of the TGH supprot group. I started a yahoo group for TGH, but it is not official yet. Here is the link and for now it has the dates and times for our monthly meetings. Even though it is listed there is no meeting in December.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/TGHBariatricSupport/

I would also to be willing to meet more than once a month I am in Pasco, but don't mind going to N Tampa if anyone wanted to have an additional support group outside of TGH.

tourlink99
on 12/7/09 12:15 pm
Hi guys, I'm in North Tampa and would like to join a support group. I just had my lap band on Nov 27 in Tijuana, and so far I'm down a total of 37 lbs.   I've been trying to get an appointment with Dr Murr for my first fill, but for some reason, I cant get them to call me back with a date. Other wise I feel great and go back to work next week. I would love to hear from any of you about a support group,
Mark
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views