Does anyone know of a surgeon who accepts medicaid in Florida????

pamz42
on 1/17/04 1:34 am - Summerfield, FL
Hi..I am researching to have bariatric surgery and i am looking for a surgeon who will accept medicaid. It seems the ones i have found no longer accept it or arent there anymore. If anyone has had their surgery through medicaid or knows of a doctor please contact me. I am desperate to have this surgery and all replys will be greatly appreciated.
Audrey C.
on 1/17/04 1:58 am - Gainesville, FL
I had the same problem when I was on Medicaid. I couldn't find a dr who still took it. It was explained to me by one office that they got paid much less for the surgery by Medicaid and were taking a loss because nearly all of their patients were becoming Medicaid patients since there were so few accepting it.
luvstarrynite
on 1/17/04 1:46 pm - daytona bch, fl
hi Pam, i had been trying to find a dr that took medicaid since august of last year, i called the medicaid offices myself in different regions asking what dr took medicaid. i even called drs myself asking if they took medicaid.......most drs quit taking it early last yr or before except for a dr in weston(someone on here told me about him but i don't remember his name). i did find a dr in st pete that takes either healthease or staywell type of medicaid. the number for the office there is 1-866-297-4576. i called my med office here and they put in for a request for change to healthease for me, it has to be approved if not your enrollment date. it usually takes about a month to find out if you are approved for the change then you have to see your new pcp first. i know its alot to do but well worth it, i haven't had my first consult with a dr yet but i'm on a waiting list now. hope this helps you and good luck on your journey. any questions you can email me at [email protected]
Danielle L.
on 1/19/04 8:12 am - Miami, Fl
Hello Ladies: My name is Danielle and I live in Miami, Fl. and do I have some good news for you. Not only do I know a surgeon who takes medicaid I have found a facility that handles everything for you. And they are awesome. the place is in Weston Fla and the name is Cleveland Clinic and the Dr is Dr. Raul Rosenthal. I had my consult on the 13 of Jan. and I am scheduled to take all of my diagnostic test on the 27 of Jan. and my psych evaluation is on the 3rd of Feb. and my nutritional consult is on the 4th of Feb and my final appointment with my PCP is on the 5th of Feb. andhopefully my surgery date will be set, according to Dr. Rosenthal's office, two weeks following my last appointment. Here is the phone number to the clinic : Toll free 1-877-463-2010 local 954-659-5124 Good Luck everyone!! Danielle
pamz42
on 1/21/04 7:38 am - Summerfield, FL
Thank you Danielle..you are a lifesaver!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views