Seeking Lap Band information

Jackie C.
on 1/8/04 2:03 am - Florahome, FL
I am seriously considering lap band surgery. Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Rout @ Shands in Gainesville or any other surgeon in the north Florida area that performs lap banding (Jacksonville, Gainesville, Ocala, etc)? Also, from what I have been reading, I can see that you don't lose as much weight and definitely not as fast as other types of WLS, but what can I realistically expect with the band. Any and all info will be greatly appreciated.
Smellycat
on 1/9/04 8:10 am - New Port Richey, Fl
Hi Jackie, I can tell you that I was considering and researching the Band for about a year. I then decided it was not for me, I simply have to much weight to lose and I didn't feel comfortable with the fact that it is very easy to "eat thru" it. I have a serious sweet tooth.....well.... EVERY tooth I found a lot of info in Bandsters and Extra Ordinary Bandsters in Yahoo Groups. I learned more in the groups than anywhere else. It's a lot like the message boards here at OH. You get first hand info from ppl who are gracius enough to share their lives with others and help educate ppl who are looking for some direction. I'm not sure about N. Fl, but Dr. Champion and Dr. Ponce in GA are supposed to be very good. I had Dr. Ponces office send me some info that was very helpful and also informed of the cost. Lots of Luck, hope this helps you. Warm Regards
Caryn W.
on 2/12/04 7:42 am - Las Vegas, NV
I am schedualed for the Lap band Procedure with Dr. Kuri out of Tijauna. The reason I chose the Lap Band procedure is because the "Window of Opportunity" never comes with the fills and adjustments that are made with this device. Ever since I started researching this procedure I have not once looked back to the RNY. To many Pros vrs Cons with the RNY for me, on a personal note!! I also found a woman who had the RNY done in 1998 and then had it done AGAIN in 2002. And over a 2 year comparision the Lap Band has shown to be just effective as the RNY. So do your research...only you can be certian what type of surgery is good for you!! Good Luck! Caryn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views