First Consult

Beebe S.
on 1/6/04 12:56 pm - PENSACOLA, FL
Tomorrow is my first consult with the doctor. My first appointment was in May. I cancelled that one. I had another scheduled in October, changed that one. The last one, I called about some questions on antidepressants and they moved the appointment up five weeks! I am excited and scared at the same time. I have heard of two young people dying after having the surg last week. I know that is one of the risks. It just scares me beyond belief. I have a little girl that I want to raise. I am not afraid to die, just not being with her. I just needed to vent, please pray that I make the best decision for me and my family.
Patty.W
on 1/7/04 5:36 am
Beebe, you are feeling what is called "WLS Normal." You have picked the best surgeon in Pensacola...you will be in VERY good hands. I am 16 months out from surgery with Dr. Nye. You will do fine and your little girl will have a happy, healthy Mom to grow up with. Good Luck! Patty
Smellycat
on 1/7/04 7:27 am - New Port Richey, Fl
I certainly understand the feelings you're having. I feel the same at times. I am not afraid of dying (although I'd rather not ), I dont have kids, but I think about leaving my mom behind. We lost my dad to cancer in August and it's been extremely hard for us and especially hard for my mom, who has been with him for 47 years. When I read about the risks, I decided it was riskier for me NOT to have WLS and I feel I need to take that chance. Like Anita said, it's not just about the weight loss, it's about improving overall health and quality of life. I am ready to go for it. (Now only if my insurance co. is ready too, I'll be all set) Warm Regards, Carol
Beebe S.
on 1/7/04 11:56 am - PENSACOLA, FL
Thank you all for the encouraging words. Dr Nye was very nice and so was his staff. The office was packed today, litterally. They were standing up and lined up outside of the office. I feel more at ease now. I feel the risks were underplayed a little, but I know what they are. I got the impression with the insurance I have it will be easier to get an approval. Just have to have the paper work done and tests then the letter is sent. I did not even need a letter from my PCP. By the way if anyone is looking for a great one, let me know. I will refer you to mine. All my questions were answered.
BullDog Lady
on 1/8/04 8:52 am - Somewhere GREAT!
I know how you feel. I have the same thoughts running through my mind that this is a scary move in my life and all doctors I talk to can only tell me how it could kill me. Truth be told, yoiu can go to sleep tonite and not wake up, you can walk out the door and kill over then...Anything can happen. You have to take the chance if you want to make that change. I have came to the conclusion that I want to be happy. Having this surgery will help my health, not hurt it. Now don't get me wrong.....I am scared to death about it and will be till it is over with. I know that in the long run -----the results will benifit me. Just like it will you BeeBee........Good LUCK!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views