6 weeks post-op...any good exercise tips?

Diane R.
on 1/4/04 10:32 am - Viera, FL
Hi all! I am 6 weeks post op RNY and I feel good. I have been walking myself and two 65 lb. dogs for two miles each day. I know that I am to avoid abdominal strain for up to a year. What are YOU doing out there to get exercise? Curves? YMCA? Just curious? How many days per week and how much? Thank you, Diane RNY Open 11/18/03 -60!
Sunnisunshine
on 1/4/04 9:53 pm - Sebastian, FL
Hey girlfriend!! I am so glad you are doing so well! I am down 52 pounds. Congrats on your loss! I too have been walking, but also riding my exercise bike, and it seems to help, I don't get much strain from that, and now that my incision is all the way healed, I can go swimming in my folks heated pool. I once belonged to Curves, but the machines were hard on my artificial joints, but I loved going there. You would definitely be straining muscles in your abdomen while using their machines. Brisk walking like you are, and maybe some weight training? I have some 2 to 5 pound wts and I like using them. If you find something else that works good for you, let me know too. I miss ya, and hope your new year holds everything near and dear to your heart!! Hugs, Cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views