Can someone Help me?????

BullDog Lady
on 1/3/04 1:50 am - Somewhere GREAT!
I am on the journey as most of you have already started or already passed on getting my stuff together for Insurance approval for BCBS of Florida Can anyone out there tell me what you had to do---or are having to do inorder to get your approval?? I am just trying to see what kinda hurdles that I may have to jump inorder to get my approval. I already have a PCP that want work with me much but has aggreed to write my letter as such. I just want to do this right and get it done. I also have a doctor picked out too. Any suggestions ? There all appreciated=-)
nancy P.
on 1/3/04 2:43 am - cape coral, FL
Hi Becky I am not an expert but I have been researching for a year now. I also have BCBSFL. You need to call and ask what the criteria is for wls. I changed in Nov. from HMO to PPO hoping to get approved sooner but that makes no differance. Also I started with a DR. in Largo then a DR. came to Ft.Myers from the west coast with alot of experience only he cant get approved for BCBS here. They are telling him there are too many surgeons in the area. So now I am going to be seeing a Dr. at the end of the month that is just starting. His Proctor is a Dr. from the east coast with alot of experience they will be doing the surgeries together until Dr.Borock feels comfortable alone. Anyway you will need 6mths to a year of current weight loss atempts and supervised by your PCP (that is what my policy is asking) I have to get on the horn because some of my test will be a year old in March I have had everything done for the Dr. in Largo even first appointment with his ARNP which their office never called me back. But the blessing is I will have two choices locally not 2 hours away. I have to do 1 more month of w/w even though we have been down this path so many times I just want to have everything when papers are sumitted even though again I have heard they have denied everyone on first go round. I dont plan on quiting I have an appeal letter started already. Anyway good luck on your journey. Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views