HELP!!! I Need A Surgeon...

renewedlife
on 12/29/03 1:48 am - Jacksonville, FL
I am looking for a surgeon in/near the Jacksonville area that has a lot of exp with LAP RNY. I am so disappointed with the surgeon's staff I originally chose. I chose Dr. Jawad because he has a lot of experience but I can't get any help from his staff. It is soooo frsutrating. It took forever to get an appt for the initial consult. They refuse to set a surgery date. I'm not even sure if my ins will approve me with the info they submitted but. They act so rude when I call and that makes me unconfortable because I feel like if they treat me this way before making money on my surgery how will they treat me once they get paid. They don't seem to care much considering the nature of bariatric surgery. It's a shame too because I like the surgeon but I'm willing to find another surgeon with a better staff and follow-up program if necessary.
Debra J.
on 12/29/03 1:21 pm - Clearwater, FL
Try the WISH Center in Tampa. Dr. Salvino is wonderful & the staff is awesome. www.wishcenter.org
exc98765
on 12/30/03 10:09 am - deltona, fl
Earthia...I used Dr. Jawad and was very pleased with his manners..I could care less about his staff,,he is the one that I was most concerned with...as far as his after care it is wonderful...I have never had a problem with them calling me back..it is usually within the hour...please don't hold his staff against him...you can always discuss the staffing problems with him..I made my 1st appt with him in Dec of 2002 and did not get to see him until April 2003..and did not have my surgery until Aug 2003...patience is the name of the game...if you think it is a money game think again he was only paid 800.00 out of a 9000.00 bill...same with the hospital they were only paid 975.00 out of a 20,000.00 bill...so it is not the money.....please give him another chance you wont regret it....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views