surgery completed

BreWilliams
on 12/26/03 12:43 am - Orlando, FL
I had my surgery on the 23rd...some christmas gift huh? Anyway, I am feeling sad because I can't eat any leftovers..no ham or baked mac and cheese. I don't know if I am hungery or if I just miss eating so much food. I have never allowed myself to get hungery before so I am not sure if it is pain that i feel or hunger..SCARY. GROSS...but I had to chew pieces of ham to get the favor and spit out the meat...GROSS. I was so ashamed I didn't tell anyone but now I am telling everybody here on the message board.
Bieniasz
on 12/26/03 7:49 am - Tampa, FL
Hi Bre- Welcome home, I think that the feelings you are having are quite normal. They say that you really don't have any true feelings in your new pouch for about 2 weeks. I have read many of the posts saying that they do the same thing that you did with the ham....don't be ashamed. Lori
Phi Y.
on 12/26/03 12:00 pm - Orlando, FL
Bre I hope you feel better. It WILL be ok. I'm 15 days post op and still learning how to eat. Don't be be ashamed..... I sucked ham too!
Stephanie L.
on 12/29/03 1:26 am - Orlando, FL
Bre, Nothing to feel ashamed of at ALL. I think we have all done that if we are honest, I did, with steak that at 4 1/2 mos out still can't eat. I think we all go through a mourning process for food. It is an instant lifestyle change and to lose a best friend(food) is an honest loss for a lot of us. I am very glad everything went well for you and that you are recovering well. Just keep telling yourself it is all worth it. I would do it all again in a heartbeat!! Stephanie, Orlando Fla
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views