What about DIET pills 6 months post op????

Tasha M.
on 12/21/03 12:26 pm - Marianna, Fl
Hello, I was wondering if anyone is feeling the same way i am feeling 6 months out. I feel like i am hungary all the time and want to eat all the time now. I had OPEN RNY on June 4th I started at 329 6 months ago and now down to 223. -100 pounds I feel like i need to do something more to help with the weight loose as i am scared i wont get it all off. My ideal weight is 114 so i am still in need of loosing 100+ pounds. HELP HELP. I try to eat veggies and meat but sometimes i get a sweet tooth and i cant stop my self. I try to stay away from carbs also this is hard as i am use to feeling heavy after i eat. Do you thing diet pills will hurt 6 months out. Thanks
BreWilliams
on 12/21/03 11:20 pm - Orlando, FL
114 is that realistic? That doesn't sound like a healthy weight for an adult female.
GeorgineVJ
on 12/22/03 2:28 am - Caribou, ME
I see from your profile your original BMI was pretty high and your height is only 4'11". If you are used to feeling heavy after a meal, you probably need to "water load" right before you eat. At 6 months out we are able to eat more than when we were a fresh post op. The danger in eating to feel really stuffed is that you can blow the staple line or injure yourself. I would speak to the doctor or nurses at your doctor's office or even a dietician to find out some steps you can take to not eat through this surgery and to be successful. Congrats on your 100+ pound weight loss! That is quite an accomplishment.
Tasha M.
on 12/26/03 7:02 am - Marianna, Fl
Bre, I am 4 foot 11 inches my IDEAL weight is 114. I am not saying i will ever see this Yet my doctor wants me to see this cause it is my goal weight. Thanks for your comments Tasha
Stephanie L.
on 12/29/03 1:18 am - Orlando, FL
Tasha, I am almost 5 mos out and have lost 73 lbs but I started with only needing to lose 115lbs. I know exactly how you feel though. I see no problem with a little sweet now and then as I have the same cravings but I talked with my dr and was told to force the PROTEIN and WATER to subside that hungry feeling all the time. Protein fills you up much faster and makes you feel full longer. Tuna and Scallops are great for that. Also, you must get a goal of about 80 oz of fluid daily according to my Dr. I have yet to meet that goal but my whole day is now filled up with drinking and I really do feel a lot less hungry. I know that your goal seems really far away so go for little ones. I was 253 when I started and just wanted to see 240 something on that scale then 230 something and so on. I am now sitting at 179 and stuck on a plateau again so I am agressively forcing the protein again and that usually gets me going again really quick. Also, find something to do with your hands, crochet, cross stitch or scrapbooking for your pictures, I find that it also helps a lot. I hope you find this info helpful and if you have any other questions please feel free to contact me as I am also a nurse. Good luck and set LITTLE goals for yourself, it really is much less daunting. Stephanie, Orlando, Fla
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views