Is there anyone from Jax or N FL w/ Full Medicaid & Approved 4 Bariactric Surgery

904dezinerstouch
on 11/7/09 11:01 pm - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/10/18
For the life of me....I have been searching for a surgeon who accepts medicaid in Jacksonville....There is NOONE!!! I have basically given up!! I would go as far as gainesville or orlando even. Duval County (jax) has no bariactric surgeons who accept medicaid. I need someone who has been approved or already been to a consult and spoke to a physician that said they would accept medicaid in recent years 2008 to current, because some medicaid info on this site is old and I've called disconnected phone numbers plus alot of things have changed since 2008. Can you also provide me with the name & phone number of that physician. I thank everyone in advance but some members with regular HMO/PPO insurances had responded with physicians that only accept Insurance companies like BCBS or Humana etc.  and it's no help..sorry but thanks for the love !!!
brandy9776
on 11/8/09 5:41 am - Rural Retreat , VA

http://www.surgery.ufl.edu/bariatrics/Hello!
I know Dr. Ben David accepts Medicaid and Medicaid Share of Cost. He is at the Shans Hospital. Here is the website:

they even have info on what Medicaid requirements. Check it out. They are in Gainesville, Fl, this is where I'm going to have my surgery. 
Good Luck, I hope this will help you.

Brandy  

SW: 318  CW: 315  GW: 165

Surgery Date: Aug. 5, 2014 with Dr. Ranjan Sudan

904dezinerstouch
on 11/8/09 8:14 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/10/18
Thanks Brady do you know if he accepts medicaid hmo united healthcare? in jacksonville medicaid makes you get in a hmo. Or if not what medicaid hmo does he accept? Are you in a medicaid hmo? or medipass?
brandy9776
on 11/8/09 8:48 pm - Rural Retreat , VA
No I have just the Medicaid Share of Cost. You would have to call them to find out if they take Medicaid HMO. I pray that they do so you can get your WLS. Good luck and keep me posted k.

SW: 318  CW: 315  GW: 165

Surgery Date: Aug. 5, 2014 with Dr. Ranjan Sudan

BECCE
on 11/9/09 10:39 am - ocklawaha, FL
I'm in ocala and I have medicaid/medipass and I'm getting WLS through Dr. Shebani, he works with Dr. Jawad. Medicaid will only pay for the gastric bypass RNY. I had to get blood work, a pshyc. eval., and a nutritional eval. and a letter of neccesity from my family dr. we are not that far fron jax. hope this helps. good luck! becce
904dezinerstouch
on 11/9/09 10:16 pm - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/10/18
Thanks for the info 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views