Finally, all the tests are done and results in with a definite date set!

Vervette
on 12/17/03 7:48 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/19/03 with
Hi All, I only started this entire process the end of Oct, and then found out that my insurance would not cover this procedure after 1/1/04. So, the decision , the approval, the tests, and the releases had to be done in time. The surgeon is like the last dr that you see, and when I went it to see him, he said he was closing his office for the holidays 12/19/03. Still had a few tests to go, and he said that he usually dosen't do surgery on Fridays, but, if I could get everything done by Thursday evening 12/18 he would schedule surgery for the 19th. There were false negatives with the EKG and the stress test, which prompted yet more tests, the tests I had done 2 weeks ago hadn't be sent back to the dr, the blood test that he had ordered wasn't done then. So. as of yesterday I was running back and forth to Dr's , handcarrying paperwork, and getting addlitional tests done. I've been on the liquid diet for 2 weeks and really hungry and even more so with the stress, and all of the holiday food at my office. Then this afternoon, I got the call that told me everything was recievced and approved, and that I have my presurgery appt in the morning. Wow! I was beginning to wonder if it all would come together. For awhile I would take 2 steps forward and one back. Now I can officially be excited, and probably start feeling a little anxious. Up to this point, I was so busy getting everything done ontime, that I didn't let myself think about the surgery. Tonight I will do my letters to my kids and spouse, just in case. Thanks for letting me ramble! Blessings, Maureen
boemary
on 12/17/03 9:10 am - Ocala, FL
sounds like you have been very busy...Isn't it amazing the strength we can find when we relly want something so bad we can just about do anything...but ask me to clean the house and well maureen sounds like you have an xtra special on your side, and I agree about the letters, because the rational side to us says, hey ya never know! best of luck , have a blessed Holiday.. I am hoping to join you on the losing side in early 2004 mary in Fl.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views