I would like to know why ...

MizCathy
on 12/16/03 6:35 am - Tallahassee, FL
I would like to know why is it that people keep sending me information not about the WLS but about how many people have died from it. This makes me so mad. What they don't understand is that only GOD knows when you will die. He is in control of our lives and he will decide when we will leave this earth. Why do people do this? I think that they are trying to discourage me from this and they don't understand how I feel or maybe they just don't care, but either way, I have cut those people off, because I don't need the pressure or the critisism.
Bieniasz
on 12/16/03 8:32 am - Tampa, FL
Cathy- Believe me...I had the same thing on this end.....finally I said to everyone...I have made my decision....respect it. Most people are very uninformed..they don't know all the facts. They just see and hear all the bad stuff. I tell them...once you have read 5 books and done all the research, been to support groups etc....then give me your opinion. Keep your chin up....and full speed ahead! 21 days....tick tock tick tock!!! Lori
MizCathy
on 12/16/03 10:02 am - Tallahassee, FL
Hey Lori, I just want to thank you for that, I'm glad that someone understands how I feel. I would not be doing this if I did not think it would work out for me. I'm praying for you that you go through your WLS with no problems at all. Once again, Thanks!!!
Trudy M.
on 12/16/03 12:39 pm - West Palm Beach, Fl
Cathy- I have been getting this info too- I tell my folks this: So many Doctors are rushing to learn how to perform the surgery, and then turning right around and performing it without any experience--that is one big reason why people are dying. ALso more and more people are having the surgery. I also believe it is being HYPED up by the Insurance companies. I am waiting for approval from an appeal to CIGNA - I am hopefully optimistic- I have my Surgery set for Dec 29 or 30. Gods timing is perfect, but I will ask for prayers that all goes through with CIGNA. Good Luck to all who are on the journey too, coming or going--God Bless you all.
Patty.W
on 12/17/03 12:01 am
Cathy, I realize you are nervous and emotions are running at an all time high but take it from me....Death is a real risk with surgery (any type). I read on the main message board all the time about people *****ad the memorial page a few days before their surgery and start freaking out. Don't be too hard on the people sending you that info. They too want you to be informed completely. Their heart is in the right place. I mean...Who wants anyone to die from having this surgery? You need to know all you can and know exactly what risks/complications there might be. It is typical of people to try to talk a person out of having WLS because of all the horror stories you hear on the news. They are scared for you. When they do that tell them thank you for their concern, that you have researched and know the risks associated but have decided your health is worth it. Good luck!
melissaparish
on 12/17/03 2:33 am - Brandon, FL
Hi Cathy: My husband & I went through the same thing prior to our surgery. Everyone was an expert on why we shouldn't do this. What's funny, now those same people see how well we have done and are now considering the surgery themselves or telling others how wonderful it is! Hope this helps. Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views