What's after all the clearences??? Dr KIm patient

chella79
on 11/5/09 8:16 am, edited 11/5/09 8:26 am - kissimmee, FL
ok,ok...I have been to so many appt's these last 2 weeks and I got all the ekg's, psyc w/ Dr. Ferguson,pulmonary, chest xray, primary care clearences...and I'm finally DONE!! woo-hoo, I got them all..I'm going with Dr. Kim at Celebration Hospital..what's next?? I'm sooo happy, nervous, anxious...LOST! what's next?
ladyobub
on 11/5/09 9:10 am
Have you attended the required information session?  I think they like for you to sit in on a support group meeting, too.  Then there's the session with Bill Kelly.  He runs the metabolic testing for BMR, etc.  The class teaching you about the surgery and what to expect and diet and nutrition in the different stages is taught by one of the nurses and is very helpful.  Hmmm, that's all I can think of right now.  It sounds like a lot of hoops to jump through, but it is soooo worth it!  I'm almost a year post surgery with Dr. Kim and I'm down 161 lbs.  Good luck and look forward to seeing you at the support group meetings!   Rebecca
chella79
on 11/5/09 9:36 am - kissimmee, FL
 Thank you soo much, and you look great, I must say! I only attended the 1st information session....when do I get scheduled for surgery??
IGDiva
on 11/5/09 1:21 pm - Orlando, FL
You need to call the nurses and let them know you've gotten all your clearances.  Once that's done their scheduler (Michael) will call you.  You will need to attend a support group session as well (2nd Wednesday of the month at 7:30pm).  I am just waiting for the January schedule to come out then I'll have my date :)
chella79
on 11/5/09 8:16 pm - kissimmee, FL
I will attend that meeting next wednesday....and I am thinking January as well if possible if not in Novemeber due to being out of the country in December...
rocko55
on 11/5/09 9:50 pm, edited 11/5/09 9:51 pm - Lauderhill, FL

Are you self pay? If insurance is paying they usually make you  see a dietician for 6 months.

ladyobub
on 11/5/09 9:57 pm
Thank you so much!  I don't know that I would say I look great, but I certainly look and FEEL better!  When you have completed all the requirements, it's just a matter of scheduling your surgery!  If he hasn't changed his routine since last year, he usually does surgery on Mondays and Tuesdays.  The rest of the week he sees patients in his office.  I think we're having a support group meeting this coming Wednesday at 7:30pm.  You should probably call the office to verify this.  Why don't you try to join us?  I'm pretty sure they want you to go to at least 1 or 2 of these to hear the stories of post surgical patients.  I love the support groups.  It's pretty uplifting and encouraging.  We all learn from them.  Hope to see you there!  Rebecca 
brewgal
on 11/7/09 9:59 am - Orlando, FL
When Michael scheduled my surgery he told me that Dr Kim likes to do RNYs on Wednesday's now - that's what day I had mine a month ago.  Also, I just had my 1 month checkup this past Thursday and I confirmed that the support meeting is this coming Wednesday (11/11).

I hope to see you there!!  :)

brewgal
on 11/7/09 9:54 am - Orlando, FL
Hi - I had my RNY with Dr Kim on 10/7/09.... I faxed my information (all the tests, clearances, etc...) to the office on Tues 9/14 and that Friday I got a call to schedule my surgery - which ended up being only 19 days later.  I probably could have asked for a later date but I just wanted to get it all over with.   You'll have a pre-op appt with Dr Kim and he'll go over the surgery and any questions you might have.  You'll also have a nutrition class and metabolism test on the day of your pre-op appt too.

Seriously, there is nothing to be worried about - I felt totally the same prior to having my surgery scheduled but Dr Kim is so cool - it was a good experience overall.

Good Luck!!!!!  :)

chella79
on 11/8/09 1:37 am - kissimmee, FL
thank you so much....you were right!!! They called me friday and scheduled surgery for me Dec 29th 2009 and my pre-op is the 17th...... Where do I go for the meeting? I want to go wednesday
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views