New to board

KimWaugh
on 12/10/03 9:21 am - St. Petersburg, FL
Hi all, My name is Kim and I am a patient of Dr. Murr's in Tampa. I just had my first consult with him on Monday. I'm really excited to be at this point in the process after a year of working on getting ready for surgery, and now to only be waiting for approval from the insurance company is like a unique form of torture! I love looking over the website and reading everyone's profiles and learning from what others have to say....I just wish that the majority of those that created their profile and posted once would update and let us know where they are in the process and how they are doing. Some of them I am worried about from their tone and language. If anyone ever wants to compare notes or ask a question, feel free to drop me a line! I'm here to learn. Kim
Bieniasz
on 12/10/03 10:01 am - Tampa, FL
Hi Kim- My name is Lori and I am also a patient of Dr. Murr. Are you going to go to support group tomorrow? I am going and it's really inspiring to see everyone. I am having my surgery in just 27 days!!!! My friend Shannon just had her surgery yesterday by Dr. Murr and is doing great! I live in South Tampa. Lori
KimWaugh
on 12/11/03 5:11 am - St. Petersburg, FL
Hi Lori! I've read your profile before, it's great to meet you. No, unfortunately I can't attend the meeting tonight, as my daughter's holiday chorus concert is this evening at her school. I hope to start attending the support group meetings again regularly next month....I kind of fell off the wagon for a few months when things weren't going so well for me but I want to get back into it now. I hope your friend Shannon is doing well in recovery, and I bet the next month will go flying by for you! I'm in Brandon myself, by the way--just at the other end of the Crosstown. Kim
Areti J.
on 12/12/03 11:44 pm - Cocoa Beach, FL
Hi Lori: I am Areti. I was at the support meeting and met you this week. I had on the red turtleneck sweater and sat across from you, between the nurse and the other lady that took your contact info. I live in Cocoa Beach. I am excited for you. I wish I was this far in my journey. As of now, I am waiting for the labs, consults, and insurance approval. My children and their spouses are all supportive of this journey, but it is sweet to note that they all said if I wanted to back out, they would understand. They are very concerned that I might be one of those that do not make it through. It is sweet, but sad. I hate that they have to worry about this and if something goes wrong, they will feel bad because they did not ask me to not do this. Did you have any feelings like this? I wanted to tell you that I think you are a beautiful young woman and even though chubby, look great. I wish that I had known to start my journey when I was your age. I know that I have missed doing many things and want to end this type of active lifestyle. The pain will be worth it. Best wishes for a happy holiday and for your upcoming surgery. I will be anxious to hear about your journey. As I am new to this program, is this the only place to send you notes or do you have a separate webpage. My email address is: [email protected] if you want to send a private message. Merry Christmas. Areti
jennifer C.
on 12/11/03 12:12 am - tampa, fl
Hi Kim I am also a patient of Dr. Murr's. I had my RNY on Nov 19th(about 3 weeks out) and am doing well. I am still home recovering and getting use to my new lifestyle. The surgery went well, the hospital stay was great, The nurses at TGH 8th floor are angels! I went for my first post op appointment yesterday and have lost 28 lbs. I am happy with that, especially since I haven't really started exercising yet. I plan on starting monday. I was just a little too sore the first couple of weeks to even think of exercising. I just did some walking around the house a little. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask me. My email address is [email protected]. See ya Jennifer
KimWaugh
on 12/11/03 5:17 am - St. Petersburg, FL
Dear Jennifer, Congratulations and I am so happy for you! It sounds like you are doing a fantastic job! I appreciate your offer to answer any questions for me, and I promise to take you up on it if I think of any. Right now I feel pretty well informed but you never know, suddenly something comes up that you never even thought of...... Take care of yourself, and I look forward to talking to you sometime. Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views