Can't afford insurance is there HELP???

Cathy E.
on 12/8/03 9:31 pm - Daytona Beach, FL
I'm a 36 year old female, suffering from obesity. I have not been able to afford insurance for several years. Does anyone know of ANY assistance that I can receive? I have arthritis all over my body, and carrying all this extra weight around is very painful (some days I'm even unable to get out of bed). I have tried lots of diets over the years, but nothing helps. I don't know where to turn.
luvstarrynite
on 12/8/03 10:27 pm - daytona bch, fl
first of all......do you work and does your employer have insurance? are you married or have kids? have to tried to apply for medicaid? even if you are single but not bringing in mu*****ome..medicaid has assistance programs here in the state.......you should look into this if you haven't already. i have medicaid/healthease but different counties have different types. hope this little bit of info helps. if you need to chat you can email me at [email protected]. good luck, tammy
ShirleyG
on 12/9/03 7:48 pm - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Tammy ,I saw your post and wanted to ask a question. My sis lives in or around the Orlando area and has Medicaid or a form of it as she is unable to work ,,She needs the surgery desperately but the type Medicaid she has thier is a waiting list for about 3 years and then it is all the way down in Miami... What other types of assistance could she look in too,, I live in Alabama do dont know what is available there.. Thanks so much
sherri parker
on 12/13/03 2:43 pm - port richey, FL
Yes there is hope for you. Contact your local Vocational Rehab Office. They wiil help you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views