dr. haicken 's office

Ashanta C.
on 12/8/03 6:27 am - Brandon, FL
i had a appoitment with dr. haicken in largo and when i got there she said i couldn't been seen because i did not have a packet. wich was there mistake because they did not mail it out. also before i came to my appoitment i told the lady over the phone that i didn't have my insurance card because my coverage didn't start until 12/1/03 and she that that was fine. when i gotto his office the front desk was unorganized they lost my referal my doctor office faxed them luckly i had a copy and the lady was very rude at the front desk. dr haicken is such a sweet person i went to a support group meeting and met him does anyone know how i can tell what happend to me ?
melindainfla
on 12/8/03 9:49 am - pinellas county, fl
ashanta, sorry to hear what happened. i didn't use dr haicken for my surgery. my surgeon was dr tiffany jessee in largo. i would call the office manager and speak with her about what happened. good luck with your weight lose jourery. melinda-largo, fl lap rny 10/17/03 -53lbs
GeorgineVJ
on 12/8/03 10:50 am - Caribou, ME
Ashanta - I'm sorry to hear this happened to you - I found his staff to be pretty competent and very nice. I would post on his message board at http://www.drhaicken-rny.com/messageboard.php about this experience. I would have been upset had I driven from Brandon to Pinellas County and gotten treated like this. Dr. Haicken cares about his patients and occasionally someone in his office has a bad day... but it's not the usual treatment. Dr. Haicken would probably address it personally if you told him. I wouldn't be nasty about it (it IS a public forum) but I would let him know that you drove there from Brandon and you never received a packet, so they wouldn't let you see the nurse practitioner (you don't get to see Dr. H until you are all done your preop stuff) and also about them losing your referral. I personally think that although you have to jump through a lot of hoops with Dr. H that he is the best and I would go to him all over again. Good Luck. I got my surgery 8/26/03 and have lost 80 pounds so far.
Ms. Tee B.
on 12/11/03 3:19 am - Tampa, FL
Sorry to hear of your expierence Ashanta. But don't loose the faith, there are other excellents surgeons you may want to check out. But I would contact DR. H about his staff behavior.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views