Know of any good protein shakes?

Tammara F.
on 12/6/03 1:46 pm - Cleveland Hts., OH
Hey everyone, I know this is a question that is asked often, but does anyone know of any good tasting protein shakes. I'm 2 weeks pre op and I've been sampling and testing "Spiru-tein" Yuck I've tried just about all the flavors hoping to find a decent one and the only one that I could stand was chocolate. I also went to www.wlssuccess.com and ordered a sample of Amino sumthin' or other. I'm frustrated already 'cause I'm GOING to have this surgery but I'm NOT going to lose my hair. Please help me somebody. Sincerely, Tammy - Cleveland, Oh
Chelle E.
on 12/6/03 9:16 pm - AL
Hi Tammy, I drink GNC Soy Proteins(Choc,Van,Straw,Ban). They go down really smooth, and mix up rather well. I struggled for over a year with finding something I could stomach that wouldnt make me gag all the way thro it, and luckily I found this. I also mix things in with my shakes, and get unflavored that I can add in SF desserts or foods (no you cant taste it). As you get further out, and actually find something you like, you will get creative too! Before you know it- your kitchen will become an experimental lab! Remember your body can only absorb 30g of protein at a time. And the more grams of protein in a suppliment the more grainy and 'bitter' they are. GNC has 25gms per scoop. Also another suppliment that I found decent was Nitrotech Smores protein bars. (I absolutely love Detour bars too, but you best read the nutritional info and decide if it will work for you in your daily intake) Isopure has decent 'juice/kool-aid' type of drinks. I add a packet of Splenda to it to make it alil sweeter, or a SF jolly rancher to add more flavor...... Basically you really have to learn as you go. I had so many people tell me of their protein choice, and I thought it was gross. Downside to that is the money wasted-I used to get so aggrivated.(But GNC will take back unused tubs of protein) Anyways, enough babble...Good Luck to you!! Be patient with yourself~
kathy P.
on 12/7/03 8:57 am - ocala, fl
Isopure is a good choice for protien. Tastes like Koolaid and has 40 grams of protien per bottle
exc98765
on 12/7/03 10:13 am - deltona, fl
Hi Tammy...I use from wwwlwlssuccess.com..it is called Nectar Carribean Cooler,,,i find that it taste just like a Pina Colada..I can send you a small sample if you like...you can email me privatley at [email protected] we can exchange address....good luck Debbie
melati
on 12/9/03 6:48 am - Miami, FL
WorldWide nutrtition available online @ www.dpsnutrition.net
Laura J.
on 12/13/03 4:07 am - Valrico, FL
I have tried Muscle Milk Vanilla Creme and it tastes really good. My local Smoothie King touts it as the best tasting of the bunch. It also comes in Milk Chocolate, Strawberry Milk Shake,Banana Creme,Root Beer, Orange Creme, Mocha Joe, Blueberries n Cream, Peanut Chocolate and Pina Colada. Nancy Andersons review of it was a bit more technical than mine so I am quoting her here... "Best tasting protein drink ever!!! Contains essential fatty acids, so the caloric content is a bit higher--348 calories for a serving, with 32 gm protein. Amino acid matrix and nitrogen ratios closely reflect those of human mother's milk. Really helps with muscle recovery for those into serious weight training." Good Luck with everything. Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views