An update and a need for motivation/someone to relate...

Annie Q.
on 11/1/09 1:24 pm - Ocoee, FL
I'm 11 months out from Lap Band surgery and down about 90 lbs (not all on the scale, a lot in inches). I'm doing great in a lot of departments, but am getting extremely frustrated at my current state.

I've been at a plateau for about 4 months now, dancing between the same 3 - 4 lbs. I am dedicated to the gym and am there 4 - 6 times a week....I have varied my exercise program, work w/ a trainer, and am still staying the same. I know the whole muscle vs fat thing, and I'm not complaining as I'm at least maintaining, but I need a good, swift kick in the a*#.

My eating habits suck. I'm not even gonna sugar coat it...they've gone extremely downhill. I'm far from where I was, but I'm guilty of the carb or over-eat behavior all too often. I try to make good choices, but it's like I go on auto-pilot....I know if I could get my eating habits back on track, I'd be back in the game.

I'm frustrated, as I'm at a point in my filling process where things often get stuck, despite my actions to avoid it. Sometimes it happens b/c I'm rushing, underchewing, etc, but it also happens a lot just because. Meat in particular has become an issue...something that looks soft and juicy gets stuck like a brick.

I'm not going to support group because I've thrown myself into the gym, and I'm sure that will help get me back on track...you'll see I just posted a request for one in my area. Also, I have a ton of stress on my shoulders right now, and a change in my husband's work schedule has left me fending for myself in the kitchen (bad move!!). We really don't make poor purchases, but I don't cook and don't really know how, and the default often ends up being quick items that carry a lot of fat or something along those lines...

I need help!! I've been so successful, I don't want to lose this now. I'm starting to dislike the girl in the mirror because I feel like I'm cheating myself out of what is important...and that I'm just falling into old habits...

PLEASE - words of motivation, suggestions, an "I've been there and here's what I did"....anything! I'm miserable and I hate this!
"The greatest thing in life is to love and be loved in return." - unknown
Redhaired
on 11/2/09 6:18 am - Mouseville, FL
I really have no wisdom for you.  I have no frame of reference for the band.  But if you are concerned about what you are eating -- the fact that you do not cook should not be an issue.  Anyone can scramble an egg or broil a piece of chicken.  Watch the food network, find recipes for foods that you like.   Deli meat is fast, easy and one does not have to cook it.  Just roll it up with some herb cream cheese spread on it. 

You can do this.

Red

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/09 9:47 pm - Tampa, FL
 There are many out there who would love to have WLS but for what ever reason they can't.   You were given a great opportunity by having this surgery, don't screw it up by abusing food so soon in to this life long journey.   As someone who is 5 1/2 years post-op I can tell you that it does not get any easier, it gets harder and harder to maintain every year, so get back on track now, start eating better, lose the rest of the weight you want to lose, and go out and enjoy life to it's fullest.  You owe it to yourself to succeed.
(deactivated member)
on 11/5/09 4:01 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!

Plateaus stink...plain and simple.....they are no fun.  I was once stuck on one for about 3 months.  I just danced with the same 3 or 4 lbs back and forth.  The body is adjusting as we lose weight and it also gets used to doing the same thing.  It's good to change things up once in a while like you said you are doing.

Have you tried writing down everything you eat and drink....I mean every morsel.  That might highlight some things you can easily change and get the scale moving down again.

Try cooking a couple of easy meals.....you might find you enjoy the cooking and you and hubby might enjoy the home cooked meal.  :-)

HANG IN THERE!  You have come so far!!!!!!!!! DO NOT give up!!!

PM me if you need to chat....I understand the frustrations very well!!
TTFN
Ruth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views