South Florida PEEPS!

meltingmel
on 11/1/09 4:11 am - Grove City, Ohio, OH
Hi Everyone, I am now one of you. I have moved from Ohio and am living in Fort Lauderdale. My first thought after being here a month is staying thin here should be no problem, as i can't AFFORD to eat here. OMG, things are expensive! Anyone else in the area? I am almost 5 yrs out and doing pretty good. Hope to talk soon, Melinda
Peace and Blessings, Melinda
Starting weight 326
Lowest weight 145
Current weight 175
Goal weight 145
The taste of the bait isn't worth the pain of the hook
emjayel56
on 11/1/09 7:43 am - Boynton Beach,, FL

Hi Melinda,

Welcome to FL!  I moved here two years ago and never regretted it.  This is the best place on earth.  I moved here from NY/NJ so things weren't quite as expensive as back there.  Have a great day.

maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

rocko55
on 11/5/09 9:55 pm, edited 11/5/09 9:55 pm - Lauderhill, FL
Welcome I moved here from Indiana 28 years now! Only go back north for visits with relatives and friends. I live in Lauderhill which is in the Ft. Lauderdale area.
sammidanca
on 11/7/09 2:56 pm - West Palm Beach, FL
Hey.

I moved from Massachusetts about 3 years ago. I love it, but definatly miss the seasons. I live in West Palm.

Anything below Palm Beach is expensive, but the rate of living is different too. You'll get used to it promise!

I'm having surgery in 10 days, hope to stay in touch with everyone.

Sam.
wings
on 11/9/09 7:46 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Hi Melinda

I moved to Fort Myers Beach Florida 5-months ago from Ohio.  Gettin ready to travel to NJ to have DS surgery and have my lap band removed. 

I don't miss Ohio at all.  We lived 1 1/2 hour east of Cincinnati Ohio.  I have had enough snow and ice in 47-yrs of my life.  You don't have to shovel hot here lol.  I love it and I have always loved Florida. 

It is expensive anywhere to eat good stuff.  No wonder the US is so fat.  Cheap food is bad food. 
Wings
antsissy1
on 11/9/09 12:36 pm - FL
Hi,

Welcome to Florida.  I have been here 5 years and it is still a bit tough.  But I can't imagine living anywhere else!

I am 11 months out and I live in Delray beach, about 30 mins. North of you.   If you have any questions or anything, just holler.

Christine

carlak
on 11/9/09 9:53 pm - Bradenton, FL
Hi Welcome to Florida. I live on the Gulf Coast near Sarasota. I moved here to shovel sunshine!!!!! I am a Michigander via Illinois and via Denver....Moved here from Denver. I dont miss the snow and blizzards. I knew I was moving south when I sold my snowblower and shovel!!!!! Things are not as exspensive as the Ft Lauderdale Miami area here in Bradenton.
I do come down there to visit as I have friends and relatives there.
Carla
image hosting site

miniplk
on 11/10/09 2:16 am - Davie, FL
Welcome  Melinda to Fort Lauderdale,

I have lived here in Florida since the 70's. It is just a way of life now. You will be particluarly happy  Dec - Mar. I am 9 years post-op and I run an independent support group for long term WLS people.
We are meeting tomorrow night, Nov 11 at 6:30 pm at Leeza's Place. Let me know if you would like to join us.

Regards,
Paula

Naomi B.
on 11/16/09 7:14 am
Hi all! I have lived in Boca Raton for 10 years. I am 2 weeks post op and still improving every day. I haven't experienced any friendliness down here like I experienced in Colorado where I come from. Oh well....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views