Not Liking Protein Drinks

Diane R.
on 11/28/03 1:49 am - Viera, FL
Hello all! I am 9 days post op RNY and I am TRYING to drink a 40 gram Isopure protein drink, but I just can't manage it. (loved it as a pre-op, fruity taste...) I drink it, but afterwards, I feel so sour in the stomach. I love chicken broth, but I am having problems with cold drinks. Any suggestions? Is there a protein that is flavor-less? HELP! Thank you, Diane Open RNY 11/18/03
GeorgineVJ
on 11/28/03 3:09 am - Caribou, ME
First you need to know that you are wasting money on 40g protein drinks. You can absorb only 20g at a time. The only protein drink I could stand was EAS AdvantEdge dark chocolate... and only after I put it in the blender with ice, chocolate syrup, coffee, and a little milk. It made enough for me to sip all afternoon and tasted kinda like a mocha frappachino. Pro-cel is a tasteless protein powder available at vitalady.com. I purchased 4 cans which will last me well into a year or more.. it's pretty tasteless and I add it to milk or coffee or anything... spaghetti sauce, cream soups, regular soups, mashed potatoes, eggs... Also, you can get Up Cal D which is a tasteless calcium supplement. I dont' use mine often because I am taking tums but sometimes I can't stand the tums and switch for a while. Someone else mentioned a fruit nectar protein drink they found at GNC and some people have had good luck with the Atkins shakes. Personally I didn't use the Atkins shakes because they had a lot of fat in them... however I have loosened up on my fat intake a little since my weight loss is still amazing.. be careful so you dont' get gallstones or something... Good luck. GVJ (open RNY 8/26/03 Start: 331 Now: 252 Goal: 170)
exc98765
on 11/28/03 8:01 am - deltona, fl
Diane..I found a protein drink that taste just like a Pina Colada..it is from www.wlssuccess.com and it is called carribean cooler...it is 25.99 for a 2 lbs container..hope this helps....Debbie
sweetkiki
on 11/30/03 5:54 am - Miami, FL
Just an FYI. I have posted it before and will post again. Buy your protein bars and shakes and even vitamins from www.dpsnutrition.net They have the BEST prices around. The site is not user friendly, but once you know what you want, order it from them. You'll save a ton of money. They have a huge inventory. Hope this helps!!! Kiki ;)~
garywill
on 11/30/03 8:00 am - Sun Valley, NV
I also tried the Caribbean Cooler. I sent for samples from WLSsuccess.com. They will send you samples of different types for a small charge + shipping. At least that way you don't spend $25-30 for a tub you don't like.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views