Meridia to lose weight?

melati
on 11/20/03 7:30 am - Miami, FL
Has anyone used Meridia to lose weight pre-op? I've lost about 8lbs and I've used meridia in the past, but the pre-op diet has me *starving*and my gyn said the birth control pills will cause me to gain about 5lbs. HELP! If I lose my date that'l be it for me since my coverage expires at the end of the year
Diane R.
on 11/23/03 8:22 am - Viera, FL
Hello! I used Meridia for 6 months, and it helped me lose a whopping 15 lbs....whoppee!!! I stopped taking Meridia two months before surgery and used the Adkins Diets. I lost 28 lbs PRE SURGERY and it also reduces your liver so that your surgery is easier to perform. I think that Meridia is a scam, personally. It is no better than Dexitrim! NEVERY AGAIN, HUH?! Good luck to you. Diane Reese-Open RNY 11-18-2003
sissi818
on 11/25/03 4:31 am - Orange Park, Fl
RNY on 01/31/03 with
Hello, I would not use Meridia to lose weight! It could prevent you from having surgery. What we do here at our center is put our patients on a NO Fat diet, with clear liquids being the primary diet. If you get hungry we tell you to eat a salad with something like low fat Ranch. Protein shakes will keep you from being hungry too. Our pts lose at least 15 pounds before surgery. You can call me if you need more info on this.. I will be glad to help you anyway that I can. Susan Williams Patient Advocate Lap Weight Loss Surg Ctr 904-215-8484
Spring C.
on 12/27/03 12:08 pm - Grand Ridge, Fl
Hi, This is my first post... I am glad to be here...... I was prescribed Meridia bout 6 weeks ago and I took it for about 3 weeks. I wasn't hungry but when I did eat it went right thru me. It gave me horrible stomach pains and craps that would have me screaming out in agony in the middle of the night. It also made my blood pressure go up.... I never had a problem with my blood pressure. I was diagnosed with Polycystic ovaries 2 months ago and my endocrinologist wanted me to try the meridia for 6 months. I honestly don't see that happening since it costs 100.00 for a 30 day supply. That is 600.00 I don't have to throw away. I wouldn't take the meridia if I didn't have to, It is just not worth it to me. hope this helps Spring Cannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views