I have a problem, Can anyone help?

Mike B.
on 11/18/03 1:36 pm - Deltona, FL
First, I was set for surgery in December with U.S. Bariatric, then they notified me that my insurance company had cancelled their contract with them. Second. Then my employer changed our insurance as of the first of the year. At first I talked to the new insurance, and I could get done thru the new insurance in January. Then, they notified me that my employer had selected a plan that excluded WLS. My options are to find another surgeon fast, and get approved through them, and get on a surgery schedule before the end of December or, try to appeal the exception. Has anyone ever had success with this?
melindainfla
on 11/19/03 6:52 am - pinellas county, fl
Mike, I live in largo..about 2 hours away. My surgeon was Dr. Tiffany Jessee, she and her staff are WONDERFUL. If the drive is not too far call her 727-584-7666. Good Luck...you are in my prayers. Melinda-Largo, Fl Lap RNY 10/17/03 -43lbs
melati
on 11/20/03 7:32 am - Miami, FL
You could challenge the exclusion if you're willing to spend a few hundred dollars. I've heard people say that what they paid the attorney at obesitylaw.com is the best money they ever spent.
(deactivated member)
on 11/20/03 10:36 am
I would recommend that you find a surgeon because battling the exclusion it's reeeeeally hard, you don't wanna do that.
Mike B.
on 11/21/03 5:37 am - Deltona, FL
I have now gotten a call from Humana, saying that they will not pay for WLS for anyone, period, since 9/1/03. So now I guess I have to find a surgeon fast.
Mike B.
on 11/21/03 5:40 am - Deltona, FL
Is there any insurance I can buy as an individual that would cover WLS?
(deactivated member)
on 11/22/03 4:58 am
you won't be able to buy any insurance because they won't approve you. been there done that, if you're overweight they don't enroll you, period.
sweetkiki
on 11/21/03 12:41 pm - Miami, FL
You might want to consider self paying. You can check out Dr. Aguirre in Ensenada. Here's the link to his patient's forum. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/forums/index.phtml?ID=A-1045621205 If I can help you with any information regarding Dr. Aguirre, feel free to email me! Kiki ;)~
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views