? for Dr. Jawad's patients

Rebecca P.
on 11/13/03 6:34 am - Bunnell, FL
I have my first consult with his office tomorrow. I saw my primary physician today and she refused to sign the letter of medical neccassity until she gets bloodwork back and so on. (I haven't been to her in a year.) She is supportive and said she would right a referral but she couldn't do the letter yet. UGH!! Anyway Dr. Jawad's office told me when scheduling the consult to bring that letter and my medical history. Well, obviously I don't have the letter and I don't have any medical diet history at all. So what are they going to say to me? Will they turn me away at the door? I also found out today that I have gained another 20lbs putting me over the 300 mark. I am so depressed about it. I don't want to be in this fat body one more day. Also, I was approved to have the surgery (with dr. butler) with my insurance company over a year ago without anything from my primary doctor. So I am sure there won't be a problem now either but I am worried that Dr. Jawad's office won't even try for approval without that letter. Does anyone know? Someone please ease my mind?
Smellycat
on 11/14/03 7:40 am - New Port Richey, Fl
Hi Rebecca I had a similar problem with my PCP. He was refusing to write a letter until I got "medical clearance". I had to explain to him, he was not "clearing me" for surgery, merely giving his professional opinion/assesment of me and my situation. I managed to get a 3 sentence letter from him, that was very vague, but basically said he "recommended" I have the WLS. They wont turn you away at the door, they will simply give you a list of things to do, Dr.'s to see and any other info. or tests they may want you to gather. They WILL ask you to obtain a letter from your PCP. I wrote a letter to my PCP that he could read at his convenience, which helped a lot. If you'd like to see the letter, I'd be happy to send it to you. Maybe this would help your Dr. understand better, what it is that's needed from her. Maybe she's just not educated enough about the process. Oned you get to Dr. J's office and meet the staff, I think you'll immediately be at ease. They are very warm and friendly. My only complaint was that I didn't get to meet the Dr., I thought I would be having a consult with him that same day. Good luck....stay calm and keep us posted. Email me if you'd like [email protected]
Brenda H.
on 11/15/03 10:03 am - Apopka, FL
Dr. Jawad did my WLS on July 9th of this year. I got to meet him on my first visit to his office. He and his staff are very helpful in getting all the needed paper work that is required for your insurance. There is a person that does nothing except working for the patients to get all the necesary documentation that is required. They even helped me when my insurance said no. I don't remember the name of the person that handles this part of the process now, but she will become your best friend. Good luck in your journey. I have lost 87 pounds since my WLS and I feel great........Brenda from Apopka
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views