Cigna vs United- Help!

Kate U.
on 11/12/03 5:32 am
I posted below but forgot to add something: I have the option to switch from Cigna PPO to United Healthcare EPO. Does anyone know anything about United? If so, what is required to gain approval? I can't seem to find this information. Thanks, Kate
melissaparish
on 11/12/03 8:46 am - Brandon, FL
Hi Kate: My husband and I have United Healthcare and they were wonderful! They approved us both, first time, within 2 weeks and paid everything except our $250 co-pay to the hospital. They've been terrific! Their website is www.uhc.com and there's also a phone number to call for details. We just filled out the paperwork at our surgeon's and they didn't require anything out of the ordinary. Hope this helps. Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/03 9:58 am
Read my profile and see the difference between cigna and United, Cigna is the worst. As per my own experience I would say that United is the best!
luvinewme
on 11/13/03 1:46 am
I had some probs with United, but could have just been the type of policy my husbands company has with them. Read my profile at the bottom and it will tell you about what happened. I wish you the best. God Bless!!
Coraly S.
on 11/15/03 7:40 am - Miami, FL
Kate I just had my surgery on 11/4/03 and my insurance is United Health Care Epo. They are great. Please ask for the medical exclusions for both plans . I know Cigna is getting difficult. Good Luck and again call your human resources department and ask for the medical exclusions of both plans before you made your final decision. Coraly Miami
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views