PLease Help....

jennifer C.
on 11/10/03 8:54 pm - tampa, fl
Hi Everyone, I am scheduled for surgery next week(11/19) and I am trying to get my vitamins together for when I return home. Can anyone tell me what kind of multivitamin they use and if they are happy with it? My doctor just said a chewable or liquid multivitamin with iron. Does it have to be sugar-free because alot of the childrens chewables have sugar? And what about that calcium citrate? Where can I find that? I looked in GNC and Walmart so far. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Jennifer
Dawn F.
on 11/11/03 2:35 am - Tampa, FL
Jennifer, I take the children's chewables, I think I did see some kids SF, but I take the regular. The calcium citrate was harder to find I found it a health food store on Dale Mabry - up by fletcher. They are chewable wafers made by Solaray (taste like sweet tarts or baby aspirin), next time I'll buy them online. Please look carefully at the labels, most chewables in regular stores are calcium carbonate, oyster shell or coral & they are NOT the same thing. Dawn
jennifer C.
on 11/11/03 3:58 am - tampa, fl
Hi Dawn Thank you so much for your reply. Are you post-op? I see you are in Tampa as well, can I ask where you had your procedure done? I am having mine at TGH by Dr. Murr. Yes, I saw the coral calcium and didnt think it was the same but I couldnt find the calcium citrate. Is there a website you know that I can order it as well? Or do you know the name of the store on Fletcher? I actually am very familiar with that area. I have my pre-op tomorrow so I am going to ask some questions. Thanks! Jennifer
Dawn F.
on 11/11/03 8:18 am - Tampa, FL
Jennifer, No, I am pre-op, my date is 12/19. I am having it with Dr. Dietrich with the WISH center @ town & country. Here is that info; Abby's health food # 265-4951 I just did a search for chewable calcium citrate, at the store they were $15.49. http://www.affordablesolaray.com/4584.html http://www.bodybest.com/twinlabcalci1.html Good luck, keep us posted, Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 11/11/03 10:18 am
Hi Jennifer, I know exactly how you feel. I had my surgery Oct 24, so far so good. If you read my profile you can see everything I've been doing. Regarding Multivitamins, I'm taking Centrum chewables, for adults, it's better and taste great, taste like orange. Calcium citrate, I bougth it from www.bariatricadvantage.com taste like chocolate, and if you prefer comes in mint flavor, my B-12 also, from the same website, taste like cherry, sublingual. When it comes to your nutrition don't think about pennies less or more, look at the nutricional labels, that what matter. www.bariatricadvantage.com have good customer service and speedy delivery, just go to the website and see. Good Luck and be calm remember, God is watching is from heaven, we're all together. God bless you.
melati
on 11/13/03 6:19 am - Miami, FL
I saw some children's chewable that were sugar free. I'm not sure what kind, but they had Bug's Bunny on the box.
Patty.W
on 11/14/03 6:52 am
Jennifer, try to relax...if you don't get everything done before surgery you can do it afterward... Our bodies have about 3 months worth of vitamins in reserve. I am 14 months out and I take a women's multivitamin like one a day, and extra E, and extra C, calcium citrate (brand name Citrical with magnesium and Vit D) they are huge but well worth it. Coral calcium is no good as is the calcium from tums, we can't absorb it very well. Also ask your doc about B-12. I get a shot every month..you may opt for sublingual. Bottom line...be sure to take your vitamins once you start the regimen. Your body will thank you years from now. Oh yeah, I also started taking zinc and biotin prior to surgery and it helped with the hair loss. I lost a little but not very much. I don't take that any more. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views