Clinical Notes?

T.E. S.
on 11/6/03 3:24 am
Today is hopefully the first day of the rest of my life! I called my insurance company (UnitedHealthcare/Select EPO) and was told my benefit for a diagnosis of morbid obesity does include surgery under my plan. I work for one of the nations largest media groups and had heard we had an excellent plan but had no idea! I have the diagnosis and I asked her where do I go from here and she said to see a surgeon so he can submit his "clinical notes" for evaluation and approval. I asked her what "clinical notes" were and she said they varied from procedure to procedure but that a surgeon would know what they were. I want to know what they are BEFORE I got see a surgeon so I'm fully informed. Does anyone know what those notes are? I plan on attending my first group informational meeting tonight. My significant other is totally against this surgery though. I'll be creating a profile and journal like so many of you have and I hope to share my experiences with you all as well. Good luck and God bless us all. T. in Miami
luvinewme
on 11/6/03 3:39 am
Clinical notes are the notes the doc makes everytime you go to see him. I also have UHC/EPO cuz my hubby works for the 2nd largest multi-media comp in the world (so dont know if we are talking one and the same), but if you want to email me so we can exchange numbers, I can share exactly what happened with me getting approval, which just happened. My email addy is [email protected]. God Bless!!! Rhonda
melati
on 11/6/03 6:20 am - Miami, FL
Clinical notes are just your medical records--you will need to submit them to the surgeon's office(they will submit it to the insurance co.)to prove a condition of morbid obesity and that you have co-morbidities that would support your approval. Hope this helps. Good Luck! ps I'm in Miami--contact [email protected]
T.E. S.
on 11/6/03 7:32 am
I don't know why my name doesn't appear as a link?
Shayna T.
on 11/7/03 1:17 am - Miami, FL
I think I figured out why my name wasn't a link, I had apparantely created two names.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views