Got My Date...Need Help, Please!!!

luvinewme
on 11/4/03 1:24 pm
Great News!! I just got my surgery date of 11-25-03, and pre-op date of 11-20-03. However, my husband is legally blind, and I am unable to find someone who can take me, and bring me home. We live in Jax, FL and my surgery is in Ocala, which is about 2 - 2 1/2 hrs away. We will pay for your gas , if you can help us out. Hubby says our 14 yr old car will make it to the pre- op, but may need someone to be my "witness" that day since I will be signing papers. It will be an all day event, I am told. I am desperate. I had figured I could count on my mother , but she refuses to take off work for her reasons that dont make any sense to me , especially when she claims to support me in this. I am so close now I can taste it . It was suggested that some insurance companies pay for transportation , so I will call them tomorrow, but any other help or ideas are appreciated. Please email me ([email protected]) if you can help me out, or if you have any ideas. Thanks so much. ..Rhonda
Sunnisunshine
on 11/4/03 11:52 pm - Sebastian, FL
Rhonda, Congrats on getting your date! I cannot help physically with the driving, I live so far away, and will just post op then. However, I sure can send all kinds of prayers and good thoughts to you so that this little glitch can be, and will be easy to take care of!! Best wishes for a speedy answer to this, and for a complete healing both inside and out after your surgery! Cindy
momknowsbst
on 11/5/03 4:11 am - Delray Beach, Fl
Hi Rhonda, I am sorry that I can't help you with the driving, but if you take a cab or limo, it is tax deductable. KEEP ALL RECIEPTS. Milage for medical is a deduction, whether to Ocala or to the corner drugstore. I wish you a lot of luck in your search. And best of Luck with surgery. Let us know what happens.
luvinewme
on 11/5/03 7:25 am
Gee sure wish I had the money to take a limo. Unfortunately, I havent been able to work in over a year and my husband is bringing in our sole income, which is not covering our current bills as is. But thanks for the idea.
Jonathan S.
on 11/5/03 10:42 pm - Gainesville, FL
Rhonda - Why don't you try to contact by email some of your surgeon's other patients and see if anyone has a followup on that day they have to drive to.
luvinewme
on 11/6/03 3:35 am
I have posted it on my surgeons board. As far as someone having a followup that day, it would be nice but dont think they would have to be down there as early as 6AM, as it would be for surgery. Every trip is worked out except for the triip down on the surgery day so God is working it out. I just need to be a little more patient...lol Thanks so much for the suggestions and support!! God Bless & Happy Losing, Rhonda
garywill
on 11/7/03 7:22 am - Sun Valley, NV
Congratulations on your date. With a little luck we may be having WLS on the same day. I am a patient of Dr. Overcash in Ocala and also live in Jacksonville. Patrice from Dr. O's office said BlueCross said I need a pulmonary clearance. When that is done they will approve. Managed to get an appointment next Wednesday. If I can't get a surgery date this month will have to wait until January as we have a church activity I can't miss mid December. If we can get approval by end of next week we can try for the last week of November. Need to have time to get ready at work as I'm the only one ordering supplies for 172 people in my office.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views