Help!

Marla S.
on 11/4/03 2:24 am - Tampa-ish, FL
My name is Marla and I am looking for a surgeon in Tampa area. I started my paper work with Dr in Zephyrhills/Dade City, however he only does LapBand and my insurance will not cover. So I am stating all over. Any help will be great. I want to stay in Tampa Area, as my support system is here. Also, has anyone out there used BC/BS of FL? If so, can you give me a list of requirements?
Bieniasz
on 11/4/03 4:54 am - Tampa, FL
Hi Marla- I am having my surgery on January 6th, 2004 with Dr. Michel Murr of USF Bariatrics. You have to go through some backflips and cartwheels to get to see him, but I feel it was well worth it. The phone # there is 813-844-7394 They will send you an informational packet. You then have to go to a support group and informational meeting. Then they send you to Spectra Healthcare for $700.00 visit that you must pay upfront. This covers the ekg, dietician, pychological and Dr visit. If you have already had some of this done I would get with Martha at his office and see if you can bypass (no pun intended!) these steps. There is also a place called the Wish Center in Tampa, not sure of the details on that place though. If you need any other info. Please let me know! Lori
melati
on 11/4/03 5:27 am - Miami, FL
If you have your heart set on the band, you can submit the paperwork, wait for the denial and challenge it. If worse comes to worse there are attorney's who specialize in representing people like us(www.obesitylaw.com) and they can challenge a denial based on policy exclusion. There is really no reason for ins not to cover the band--it is no longer experimental, so if this is the reason they give you, there's no legal basis for it. If you really want the band, I wouldn't let the ins company force you into the bypass.
melindainfla
on 11/4/03 12:24 pm - pinellas county, fl
Marla, I live in Largo and had Lap Rny done 10/17 by Dr. Tiffany Jessee, in Largo. She and her staff are WONDERFUL. Just a thought. Her number is 727-584-7666. Good Luck and GOD Bless. Melinda
Marla S.
on 11/4/03 4:04 pm - Tampa-ish, FL
Thanks for all your great help! I have made contact with Dr Murr's office and have psy apt 11/4 at USF Psy Unit. Dr Murr's office believes they can use some of the lab work I have. The old Doctor did not require a psy and took my last xray and blood work from my PCP. Once I called Dr Murr, things seem to fall into place with insurance company also. BC/BS would not pay as surgury is "experimental"! They told me I could have surgury, pay out of pocket and then file again. Is just to risky. I do not have that kind of money. So will take this road... Marla
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views