My pcp suggested surgery, now what?

Arlene E.
on 11/2/03 8:26 am - Plant City, FL
After months of whinning to my pcp, he suggested surgery. In the past, he has perscribed xenical, weigh****chers, Atkins, etc. Nothing works. I have been over weight since childhood. I took a few months to let the option soak in, did alot of research both on and off line, and now I think I'm ready. I'v contacted my insurance company, who says I'm covered...Now what do I do?
Marina U.
on 11/2/03 9:44 am - Rockledge, FL
My suggestion would be use this site to search for a Surgeon in your area, or commit to driving to Orlando, or Tampa. I've heard that there is a really good program at Celebration Health in Celebration, FL, and I will be looking into it myself. I'm not yet clear on Surgeons, but the advice I have been given is find one you are comfortable with, after all, would you want someone rearranging your internal organs, if you didn't like that person? Marina 8-l
Arlene E.
on 11/4/03 7:06 am - Plant City, FL
Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I have looked into several surgeons and have found a few in my area that will accept my insurance plan. Dr. Murr is the one my primary suggested, but he requires that I go to Spectra HealthCare which is not covered ($700) before he will accept me as a patient. I'm kinda of on my own to find another dr. I have used this site alot in the last couple of days to find names to check out with my ins. I found three...Dr. Rehnke of St Petersburg, Dr. Rosemurgey of Tampa, and Dr. Thomas of Aurbandale. If anyone can help with recommendations, it would be very much appriciated.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views