Update: Dr. Richard S. Gordon, M.D., FRCSC and Dr. Gonsalvo,M.D.

wings
on 10/20/09 5:58 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
OK, I just got off the phone with their office and yes they do surgeries at a COE facility called Palm's of Pasedena in St. Petersburg.

They also so surgery at Mortan PLant which is not COE certified. 

They do RNY, not ERNY, lap band and VSG. 

So now that we have that straight I am still in search of ERNY surgeon in Florida .

Thanks Wings
Redhaired
on 10/22/09 1:27 pm - Mouseville, FL
But the question is do they have the COE.  Both the surgeon and the facility have to have the COE for medicare to pay.

Michael Eak
on 10/22/09 1:47 pm - Largo, FL
OK Here IS the Low Down.
These Surgeon's have been performng Weight Loss Surgeries at Morton Plant Hospital in Clearwater. Morton Plant used to have a Bariatric Unit, But has shut it down. 
Dr.Gordon & Dr.Gonsalvo, have applied for the "Center of Excellence Award" over a year ago. But Morton Plant doing away with the Bariatric Unit has been turned down.
Without the CoE, Medical practices are Not Allowed to accept Medicare Patients.

Dr.Gordon & Dr.Gonsalvo, have Applied asking to be allowed to do their WLS at the Palms of Pasadena. Under the Umbrellas of the CoE. But their application is still in review.

This is how Dr. Tiffany Jesse gained this title to her practice. As she was at the Sun Coast Hospital & Largo Medical. But both of these facilities shut their Bariatric Programs down too. And thus she could not get the CoE on her own. She is now at the Palms of Pasadena Hospital

The Palms of Pasadena Hospital under the direction of Dr.Rehnke & Dr.Grossbard, who are responsable in gaining the Center of Excellence for the Palms. Has a Bariatric Program and it's own Ward.

I recently talked with a Severely Morbid Obese man in a local grocery store. Dr.Gordon has been leading this man on for a year stating that they would soon be performing WLS for Medicare Patients. And that this years wait is the requirement for Medicare. It is not. 
I suggested he go Dr.Rehnke's Seminar and ask questions pertaining to Medicare and such. www.obesitynomorefl.com

Wings what I can't understand is why your promoting Dr.Gordon & Dr. Gonsalvo, if your going back to New Jersey for a Revisional. Could you not stick to the first WLS Program?

Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
wings
on 10/26/09 12:37 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Dear Michael

I am not promoting these Doctors at all.  I am just trying to put a back up plan into action just in case I my finances will not let me go to NJ. 

Times are hard and I do not want RNY.  ERNY would be my second choice.  Since there are no doctors in Florida that do the DS so I was inquiring and researching for Dr.'s that do ERNY. 

I called this office and apparently they lied to me.  I am just glad you told that poor guy to go elsewhere for surgery.  I am sorry if you misunderstood my intentions.  I will not ask again.

It is nice though to have someone with knowledge of this area to respond to my post. 

Wings
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views