Rejection!

Marla S.
on 10/27/03 10:20 am - Tampa-ish, FL
I have worked for past 4 months to be approved by BC/BS for the Lapband. It was on and off day by day. Latest word, they will not approve Lapband. So I am going for Laparoscopic RNY. My present surgeon will be referring me to North Florida Regional. Tonite I have began to fill out their forms. They will not accept forms from my present surgeon. I wanted to cry when BC/BS told me I was rejected. For the past four months I kept hoping. I do not know how long it will take, but I know it will be worth the wait. I do have some fears concering the surgery. I will get pass these with help from all of you folks. From you folks that have had your surgery at North FL Reg, how long does it take from start to surgery date, aprox? I know BC/BS will approve, as I was told by my case worker today they approve Lap RNY with no problem. Marla
Jonathan S.
on 10/27/03 8:23 pm - Gainesville, FL
I assume you are talking about the "Center for Obesity Surgery and Treatment" in Gainesville, with Doctors Thoburn,Sarantos,Deterius and one other one. Expect a month-month and a half wait AFTER they get your paperwork from you before they call for a consult appt, but usually the consult appt is like a week or a half week later. I sent my paperwork in on August 19th? and my consult was on october 3rd, and my surgery date is January 6th.
Marla S.
on 10/27/03 8:47 pm - Tampa-ish, FL
Yes, that is the Center. I do thank you for the information. As I was told, it is just a matter of changing the code and I will be approved. I know, it takes time. And time is so dear. I will be following your progress. Good luck on surgery.
Jonathan S.
on 10/27/03 10:51 pm - Gainesville, FL
Marla - Since the surgeon isn't an employee of NFRMC but the obesity center is an office owned by NFRMC things work kinda weird. Read my profile and you will see. but there are so many people who speak so highly of him i do not think you will be dissapointed at all
Marla S.
on 11/4/03 4:33 pm - Tampa-ish, FL
I have spoke with NFRMC obesity and was not impressed with answers received. I have now contacted Dr M. Murr of USF Medical Center. Things are looking up!!!. I have my psy exam 11/7 and most of my prior paper work can be used. The insurance folks says it looks good. Once I have an apt with Dr Murr, I will know more as to what and when. Only thing I do not have at this time, is a diet history for past year. Will get with my PCP and look at weight loss and gain. From there, I can construct a history. I was under a diet doctor for 3 years ending in 2000 with only a loss of 60 lbs, which has returned! And a bit more. Matter of fact, I have lost and gained the 50 more times than I can count!!Keep me updated on your progress. Marla
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views