Dr. Richard S. Gordon, M.D., FRCSC and Dr. John-Paul Gonzalvo, D.O., FACS.

JUNEA1948
on 10/20/09 3:50 am - FL
I had RNY surgery in February 2008 by both doctors and Dr Gordon was my primary surgeon.  I was an am very impressed with both doctors and their staff.  I go to their Bardmoor office and had surgery in Morton Plant.  My stay at Morton Plant was great and everyone there was very nice.  Anyone I have recommended to either doctors have been very pleased.  I live in St Pete but went to Clearwater just to have these doctors.  Good Luck/God Bless

June Ann

wings
on 10/20/09 5:46 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Thanks so much June Ann

I am very interested in them for the ERNY.  Due to cir****tances that are out of my control and financial reasons also, I might not get to go to NJ for DS which is my first choice. 

I saw them listed so I called and the lady said yes they do ERNY and yes we have a COE facility and take medicare but it is not listed on our web site yet. 

Well with that said, as you can see, Michael Eak was kind enough to dig further and make a few phone calls and found that they do not have their COE. 

So, now I am wondering why I was "lied" to.  Oh well, money talks Bull$**!%t walks now days. 

Thank you so much again for your response.  I have heard  all good things about these two surgeons.  I just wish office personel would do their jobs and know what info they are giving out is right or wrong.

Wings
michelle822
on 10/21/09 2:41 am - FL
I am having the Gastric Sleeve done by Dr. Gonzalvo this upcoming Tuesday.  I chose him based on his training/experience, bedside manner, and excellent reviews.  No, Morton Plant is not COE, but is a Magnet status hospital, which was much more important to me that the COE.  Is your payor requiring that?  COE is obtained based on the number of surgeries from what I understand.  Once they reach a certain number, then they are able to report statistically the outcomes of their surgeries.   But when I got another MD  opinion first at the COE, I sought out a second opinion because I literally felt like just a number.

I believe these two doctors are able to do surgeries at Palms of Pasedena Hospital and that may be why she told you yes.   But the majority of them are done at Morton Plant.   Palms is a much smaller community type hospital, that has been granted COE.  Morton Plant is a much larger health care institution.

I just figured if something went wrong during surgery, I would much rather be at Morton Plant Hospital.  Up until now, everything has been excellent level of care.  I have no doubt they will deliever all the way through.  So glad to have found them!

Good luck in your search!
kelly_girl
on 1/27/10 10:57 am
Dr. Gordon and Dr. Gonzalvo who are located in Largo, FL...now do proceedures at Palms of Pasedena Hospital which IS a Bariatric Center of Excellence Hospital.

Follow this link for info: www.obesitynomorefl.com/surgeons.php

Hope that it helps clarify things for you!
dreardon1
on 4/14/10 6:57 pm
Hi Friends,
I realize that it has been awhile since the last post here, but............ I just had to say....
Dr Gordon seems pretty competent,   knowledgeable,  and , well, nice. He treated my Grandmother for a surgical bioposy, and while I was visiting his Largo office with her on 3 different occasions, I saw some information about lapbands and gastro-bypass, and several other patients (my size) coming & going, I inquired about weight loss surgery options. His office staff immediately took my personal & insurance information, Called me back within 24 hours and said  "You are good to go!"  His Staff  told me about the "Weight Loss Seminar Classes" at Dunedin Hospital or Bardmoor Hospital. ( to register or get more info call 727 462 7500) I attended Dr Gordon Seminar last night. I was a little nervous, ok, alot, because I really had no information about my options.  All I know is that I'm sick & tired of being sick & tired. Dr Gordon and his staff have given me hope.
So.............. Wings, if you are still out there...........I feel confident that attending a seminar will help you make the right choice for you,
And to Mr Eak............I don't know anything about "COE", nor do I know why you seem so down on Dr Gordon & Dr Gonzalvo.
I look forward to them to save my life, but I don't look forward to the two week liqiud diet prior to surgery...(LOL)
Sincerely, Debbie
_Karen
on 8/28/10 11:37 am - Clearwater, FL

I just had my surgery done at Palms of Pasadena by Dr Gonzalvo,,,he is awesome!!!!

Palms was "okay"  ICU was great but when I was moved to a regular room I was not impressed.  The night nurse complained about all the patients she had to take care of, she locked up the rails on my bed both sides and since I had tubes hooked up to me on both sides it would have been impossible for me to get out of bed.  She did not leave me any ice or anything to drink and when she did come back in, she complained she was cold, which I had told her before I was freezing and she didn't do anything about it, I was shivering under my bedclothes.
 Thank God for the aide, she gave me water and an extra blanket.  The RN or LPN that night did not care about me at all, it seemed to be all about her.  I was so happy Dr Gonzalvo discharged me the next evening because I was afraid i would have had to deal with her again. 

Last but not least, I was discharged and walked down to the front entrance instead of being brought down with a wheelchair ( my Dr orders)  like every other hospital I have ever been in.  LPN said, cutbacks and short staff yadda yadda yadda.

I would recommend Dr Gonzalvo,,,,,,,,,,but Palms of Pasadena...............NO WAY!!!

wings
on 8/31/10 2:36 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Well miracles happen.  I had my DS December 23, 2009 with Dr. Greebaum in NJ.  I was almost dead upon arrival.  I did very well and my recovery was slow and rough but got better each passing day. 

I am now 8-months post-op, have lost 121 pounds, my labs are perfect.  I fitness walk 3-4 miles per day.  Before surgery I could not hardly get out of recliner to go to bathroom.  I could not stand more than 2 min without almost passing out.  I was in full blown CHF. 

I am so freakin happy with this DS.  I look healthy and I feel wonderful and I still have 100 left to loose.  OMG, I can't imagine how I will feel when the last 100 is gone. 

Thanks to all of you for your response to this post. 
Carla
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6HR7lf/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w6HR7lf/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views