Dr. Richard S. Gordon, M.D., FRCSC and Dr. John-Paul Gonzalvo, D.O., FACS.

wings
on 10/16/09 12:58 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Does anyone have any experience with these two doctors. 

They now have their COE and they do ERNY aka Distal RNY.  They are located in St. Petersburg area.  

Please let me know what you know.

Thanks
Wings
Michael Eak
on 10/16/09 1:07 pm - Largo, FL
I have been in contact with the Surgical Review Corporation and the America Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery,
and neither of these groups have any records of Dr.Gordon or Dr.Gonzalvo as having the Center of Excellence Awards. They are located in Largo not Saint Petersburg and do their Bariatric Surgeries at the Morton Plant Hospital in West Clearwater, FL.

http://www.mpmhealth.com/body.cfm?id=516
wings
on 10/17/09 1:33 am - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Dear Michael

I called them and they said they just obtained their COE and that it was not on the website yet.  I would really love to here from some of their patients though. 

I have e-mailed their site with no response yet.  The lady on the phone said they were re-doing their website and did not say when it would be ready. 

Thanks for looking into this.  I am not sure I trust what they said to me lol.

Wings
Michael Eak
on 10/17/09 8:09 am - Largo, FL
I actually talked with people of these companies who while talking with me looked it up and said NO. They have submitted for the Award over a year ago, but it has not been granted.
wings
on 10/17/09 10:18 pm - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Thanks again Michael

I just don't know why that lady would lie to me over the phone but maybe it is not in writing yet who knows.  I have always been the person to give the benifit of a doubt. 

Lets see if they e-mail me back plus I am going to give them another call in a few days. 

Thanks
Wings
Susan G.
on 1/28/10 1:15 am - Boynton Beach, FL
I had DR. Gordon do my RNY in 2008.  They operated on me at Morton Plant Hospital.  I highly recommend them.  I have lost 105 lbs and am on maintanence now.  They are great DRS. and really care about there patients.  Dr. Gordon was recommended to me by my PCP who I have used for 27 years and highly trust.

I've had a very good experiences with this office and doctors. No compaints!  Good luck.

Susan G.
Susan G.
on 8/31/10 2:14 am - Boynton Beach, FL
Hi:

Just saw your message and I used Dr. Gordon.  I had my surgery  almost 3 yrs ago and then he was only in Clearwater.  Now I think he is in Passadena Hospital also.  He is really a great Dr.  I had an RNY.

I highly reccommend them both.

Susan G.
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/09 8:43 am - Tampa, FL
Drs. Gordon and Gonzalvo took over the practice of Dr. Barry Haicken who did my RNY 5 1/2 years ago. Drs. Gordon and Gonzalvo were both well trained prior to training with Dr. Haicken, and have been doing these surgeries for at least four years now, at Morton Plant Hospital.  A good friend of mine is only one of many people I know who have had their surgery done by these fine surgeons, and she could not be happier with her experience, and her weight loss.They do their surgeries at Morton Plant Hospital who has been doing Bariactric surgery, for at least eight years that I know of.  My wife had her RNY there 7 years ago, I had mine there5 1/2 years ago, and my friend had her surgery there 3 years ago.  They have information nights definitely check them out, you will not be disappointed.
wings
on 10/17/09 10:16 pm - Fort Myers Beach , FL
Thank  you so much, Steve

I called their number to get some imfo and they told me they just obtained their COE and Michael did some checking and phone calls and was told no they haven't.

I just kinda bothers me that they would lie but Maybe they are in the works and its just not in writing yet.  I did e-mail them so I hope they will e-mail back and I will call again this week.  between work and pre-op testing for revision of my wls I have been pretty taxed out and sleep alot.

I have now been diagnosed with stroke level hypertension so we are medicating and working on this right now but I get so darn tired and fall asleep. 

Thanks again. 
wings
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/09 1:13 am - Tampa, FL
Wings,

Since I am over five years post-op, I haven't kept up on alot things, and I don't know what the C.O.E. entails, who issues it, or how important it is.  When I had my surgery they didn't C.O.E  I do know that of the 100 plus people that I have met who had their surgeries by the doctors of this office, I have only only met a couple who don't love the surgeon, and wouldn't think twice about having their surgeons cut on them again. Go to informaiton meeting and go to a support group and talk to their patients directly.

Good luck,

steve
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views