here we go again

exc98765
on 10/15/03 8:09 am - deltona, fl
god evening all you fellow loser and so to be's...well here we go again from 9-15 to 9-24 sick as a dog could not eat or drink anything....then I got a very bad sinus infection..now I have an intestional virus...again can not eat or drink anything...have bad dirahea and vomiting....this has been going on since Thursday 10/9..went to my PCP yesterday and he said it was intestional virus...do you think I should call My surgeon Dr. Jawad...good new is I lost lost 12 lbs in 1 week..PCP says that is too much....down a total of 49 lbs....any help is greatly appreciated..Debbie
Anita R.
on 10/15/03 9:51 am
Debbie - That's horrible - sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. I think you should get in touch with your surgeon and let him know what's going on - PCP may not know everything related to your surgery. Let Dr. Jawad also know that you have seen your PCP and let him know what he said. Guess that's one way to loss weight. Are you able to hold down clear/full liquids? When I got sick the doctor told me to try to stay on liquids for several days and gradually add back foods. Hope you are feeling better soon!
exc98765
on 10/16/03 6:58 am - deltona, fl
Anita...you are such an Angel.....called Dr J and he said that There is a real nasty intestional Virus going around...and that Our immune system is very very low due to the surgery..even though we are 2 moths post op...he said that it is time to try and stop the Diareah with some imodem or kopectate...and then to call him back on Monday...I was soooo looking forward to meeting you on Saturday at TooJays....I hope that I am feeling well enough to go.....thanks again
Anita R.
on 10/16/03 10:19 pm
Debbie - Thanks for the compliment. I loved forward to also seeing you, but I do understand and we will meet soon. Just worry about getting better and if you need anything - feel free to contact me 407-971-2164.
Anita R.
on 10/16/03 10:19 pm
Debbie - Thanks for the compliment. I loved forward to also seeing you, but I do understand and we will meet soon. Just worry about getting better and if you need anything - feel free to contact me 407-971-2164.
Smellycat
on 10/15/03 1:33 pm - New Port Richey, Fl
I'm so sorry, that does not sound like fun at all I'm pre-op, so I can't speak from experience, but I would call Dr. J if I were you. Sometimes the PCP's don't always know the answer, especially when it comes to WLS. This I do know from experience.....I had to teach my PCP a thing or two and I haven't even had the surgery yet. Congrats on the weight loss....hope you feel better soon!
exc98765
on 10/16/03 7:00 am - deltona, fl
Carol.... I called Dr J and he said that there is a very nasty virus going around and that our immune system is low due to surgery,.., he said it is time to try and stop it with kaopectate or Imodeum...thanks again.Debbie
Melissa P.
on 10/15/03 4:50 pm
debbie, honey, call your surgeon!! you need to make sure you dont have a leak, a stricture, whatever. pcp docs mean well, but they are not specialized in taking care of bariatric surgery patients. take care of yourself and try to feel better soon. they might need to run some blood work too, make sure your levels are ok, not dehydrated from all this. blessings, melissa philbrick pre-op dr. courcy/pensacola,fl/oct. 29, 2003
exc98765
on 10/16/03 7:01 am - deltona, fl
Melissa..thanks for the advise..I did call Dr. J and he said very nasty virus is going around and that it is time to stop mine with some Imodeum or Kaopectate,,,thanks for the help ..Debbie
(deactivated member)
on 10/15/03 10:07 pm
I think that you can't wait any longer to make that call to your surgeon....please call him asap. God bless you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views