Yeast Infection

jrotz0305
on 10/6/03 5:16 am - Tavares, FL
OK ladies, don't laugh. My PCP told me I have a yeast infection in my naval. My sister who is a nurse, said it was most likely caused by the excess sjin on belly from the weight that I lost. I am about 17 months post-op and have lost about 105 pounds. I am at 187+/- pounds. My sister also told me if this problems persists, I might consider a tummy tuck. If this is considered medically related, will the insurance company pay. Please email me back direct with your opinions and advise. Thanks, Chef Jeff [email protected]
Melissa P.
on 10/15/03 4:39 pm
hey jeff, i havent had surgery yet, but i have had a yeast infection in my belly button because of the depth of the umbulicus (belly button hole). i was given nystatin powder, which does come generic, and had to buy the long sterile qtips to clean the moisture out and insert the nystatin. as far as insurance, our local support group had a plastic surgeon meet with our group last week and he explained about the surgery to remove the excess skin on the belly (the pannis)and whether insurance would pay. every insurance company is different, but to begin with, continue to go to your doctor so they can document in your records the skin rashes, yeast infections, etc. have someone take pictures or video to document. i know it sounds horrible to take pictures, but the insurance company has to have some physical evidence that the excess skin is a medical problem and removing it is medically necessary. again, document....get a scrip for nystatin and save the receipts from your copays and leave a big paper trail for the insurance company to fall back on. do you still see your sugeon? ask them or your family doctor for a referral to see a plastic surgeon or see if your surgeon does the panniculectomy...some do. make sure whomever applies to your insurance company that they write a letter of medical necessity and include documentation of the probems you have had. also read your insurance policy. i have health options, they will cover something medically necessary, but you have to prove it to them. good luck..and document, document, document,
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views