6.5 wks Post-op down 60 lbs

Anita R.
on 10/2/03 11:51 pm
Hey all - just wanted to share with each of you my success! I am now 6.5 weeks post-op and have lost forever 60 lbs. I am so excited I could scream! I am close to not having to visit the "plus size departments" and I am actually outgrowing my clothes in a positive way. I just am so blessed to have been given the opportunity to have this surgery - I know my angels are surrounding me in my WLS journey, especially in all the issues I've been faced with during the first month post-op with my incision reopening, and the two violently ill ER and clinic visits. Even though Dr. Overcash and I don't see eye-to-eye with his lack of bedside manners - he is an in my eyes. I wish each of you the very best i your WLS journey and look forward to meeting some of you at the Orlando support groups.
jennifer C.
on 10/3/03 12:23 am - tampa, fl
Anita, That is so wonderful! I am sure you are feeling so good right now. That is a tremendous accomplishment in only 6.5 weeks. I hope the rest of your journey goes well and I will keep you in my prayers.
Anita R.
on 10/6/03 12:05 am
Jennifer - Thanks for your kindeness. I am feeling GREAT and seem to have so much energy.
GeorgineVJ
on 10/3/03 12:35 am - Caribou, ME
You go girl! I'm now 5.5 weeks out and down 50 pounds. Woo Hoo!
Anita R.
on 10/6/03 12:27 am
Georgine - That's GREAT - it's hard to believe it's been 7 wks tomorrow since my surgery . I'm not sure where the time had gone, but I am glad that I am back on track. You keep you the GREAT work and let me know how you are doing .
John B.
on 10/3/03 3:24 am - New Port Richey, FL
Congrats Anita! After all you've been through, I'm glad to see you having some good news. Keep up the good work. John
Anita R.
on 10/6/03 12:31 am
John - Thanks for your kind words - I am so excited. I decided to celebrate this weekend by going to the Spa Atlantis Oceanfront Health & Fitness Resort (http://www.spaatlantisresort.com/) in Pompano Beach, FL. I had a manicure, hydratting sea bath, 1 hr massage, and a facial. I had a BLAST - a reward for my progress to myself.
Tajuana G.
on 10/3/03 6:49 am - Sanderson, FL
WOW, that is great. Are you eating anything. I cam home from the hospital today. So far, with the blessings of God, I have not experienced any complications, just a headache from the morphince, I have not had any pain medication since Wednesday. Tell me about your diet. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Anita R.
on 10/6/03 12:34 am
Tajuana - I am eating soft foods as I can tolerate. Drinking a lot of EAS protein drinks. I wish you the very best in your WLS journey - keep in touch!
exc98765
on 10/8/03 9:42 am - deltona, fl
anita..having trouble with my protein are the EAS protein drink good and if so where can I get them...Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views