Inspiration

GeorgineVJ
on 9/25/03 11:58 am - Caribou, ME
This was touched on at the bypass support group I attended last night. I just wanted to share it with you all. This is a community of people who befriend each other, who are there for each other, and who care about each other. I have really relied on the information and support I get from this website and the local support group meetings I attend. It's reassuring to be able to post an issue here and quickly see five responses from people who have been through it. Dr. Haicken, you saved my life. I never in a million years dreamed that this could be so easy. I know that it is easy for me because I did all my mental adjusting ahead of time and got through my food issues first. I worked on that for about two years before seeking WLS, and I'm so thankful that I did. I am now 4 weeks and 2 days post op, my incision is healed, and fading, and I have lost 44 pounds! Holy cow! I am three sizes smaller, and I just realized tonight that I can cross my legs now. My sleep apnea is gone, I don't snore anymore, I can do the entire shopping mall with no foot/leg pain or getting tired, I don't sweat all the time, and I am really feeling great! I hope you all keep your hope and your chin up. Don't ever give up. Fight your insurance companies. You will win eventually. This surgery is the best thing I have ever done for myself (after marrying my soulmate, that is!) and I would go through all of this journey again to get to this point. Hang in there no matter what stage you are in - the results are so worth it!
Anita R.
on 9/26/03 12:11 am
Georgine - I totally agree with your entire inspirational message. I too am greatful that God gave me the chance to change my life with the WL surgery. I am now 5 weeks 3 days post-op and have dropped over 50 lbs. I too had sleep apnea and slept with a CPAP machine and now I do NOT even use the thing anymore, I do not snore anymore, no more asthma & allergy meds, no more swollen legs, no more midnight bathroom breaks, etc. I feel like a million bucks! I would not take anything for my decision - this is the BEST decision I have made for my life.
Bre W.
on 9/27/03 9:20 am
I must say, my PCP was surprised about my knowledge of this surgery(thanx to you's). You guys have really been great help and inspiration. I am so happy that I have finally found away to make my outsides(body) match my insides(the way I think I look), even if I am not there yet. I still have hope. Just knowing that there is a way and knowing that others have done it is all the inspiration I need. We have decided that if the insuance company denys my appeal we will cash in some stock and I will have the surgery anyway. I can not be happy without the surgery.
Kathleen L.
on 9/27/03 12:53 pm - Pensacola, FL
Gorgine and Anita, I don't post much but always am checking the board. Congradulations on your wonderful losses. I just went back to work last week and am having some pain from the surgery, nothing major, but still dealing with wls stuff. Eating isn't a problem, i think my surgeon gave me a cast iron pouch, I haven't throw up since my complications ended one month post op. Anyway, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I travel every week with my job, I am a health care consultant, and the lifting of the luggage, brief case with lap-top and 12-15 hour days is taking it's toll this first week back. Hopefully next week will be better. Hugs Kathy 404/336/under 200 and healthy Open RNY-July 8th, 2003 with major complications Dr. Nye Pensacola Florida
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views