Are there any support groups or meets for Palm Beach or Broward?

antsissy1
on 10/8/09 10:58 am - FL
If so, please let me know I would love to get together with some wls'ers.

Thank you

emjayel56
on 10/8/09 11:16 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
Hi,
I see Dr. Rosenthal did your surgery; Both he and Szomstein did my revision 6 weeks ago from a band to bypass.  They did a great job.  I go to a support group in Pompano.  Check out bariatriceating.com ... they meet once a month on a thursday usually.  Hope to seeyou there

maryjo
John Hoffmann
on 10/9/09 8:38 am - Baltimore, MD
 Look at you getting involved and all!

John 

antsissy1
on 11/9/09 12:38 pm - FL
Hi maryjo,

I am hoping to go to the monthly group this month at BE.  I think it is next week.  I hope to see you there if you are going.

Christine

emjayel56
on 11/9/09 11:19 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL

Hi Christine,

Yes I will definitely be there; we go to all the meetings.  Look forward to meeting you.  The meeting is next thursday.

Maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

antsissy1
on 10/9/09 11:10 am - FL
I do go to Cleveland Clinic but I haven't made it to BE yet.  I was going to try their online group.
I was hoping for a more informal setting. 

sammidanca
on 11/7/09 3:00 pm - West Palm Beach, FL
I go to the one at JFK Medical Center in Atlantis(Lake Worth). It meets the third Monday every month at 6:30-8:00pm. They have a vetrans for 18+months as well. You can check out JFK's website for more information.

How is the BE? I've been meaning to get down there for some protein and vitamins. Does anyone know if they sell more instore than what the sell online?

Sam.
antsissy1
on 11/9/09 12:40 pm - FL
I make a monthly trip to BE.  Since it isn't that far for me I'd rather go than spend the money on shipping.   I buy the Inspire Cappucino by the case and the Peanut Butter cookie protein drink. I think that you can buy everything that is online from the store if it is in stock but it isn't all displayed.  The nice thing is you can try almost all the proteins before buying them.

Thanks for the info

Naomi B.
on 11/9/09 1:00 pm
Hello fellow Floridians. I am from Boca Raton and made my first trip to BE day before my surgery. I am a peanut butter lover so of course I had to get the Inspire Peanut Butter Cookie drink. My surgeon is Dr. Wizman from Bariatrix. He works out of NW hospital. I had my sleeve done on thursday 11/5 and everything went smoothly. Still dealing with the sore incision sites but I don't take any pain pills. I know that he has support groups out of his practice. There is even one for people who have slipped and need some extra help.

(deactivated member)
on 11/30/09 5:42 am
I just had my RNY at JFK 2 weeks ago, and sadly had not been to the pre-support meetings they offer, but I do plan on attending the 3rd Monday meetingss.  Maybe we'll meet!!

I also went to BE about a month ago, tried many of the samples, and got some of the BA vitamins and iron.  I am a little cost conscious so I am trying to find way to get what I 'need' and BE, although a great store, may not fit my budget for the protiens.   BUT I MAY SPLURGE on something here or there.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views