Need to File an appeal on cigna any suggestions?

Alicia T.
on 9/17/03 9:48 am - NewPortRichey, fl
I got a letter from Cigna today. They are denying me because I dont have recent 26 wks of weight loss programs. I have last years records but what they dont know is that I have tried everything over the counter and by internet services and I can no longer afford any more medications that are useless. Can anybody help me on an appeal letter and Lawyer. Helplessly alicia
Vikki L.
on 9/17/03 10:47 am - Clermont, FL
Hi Alicia, I know exactly where you're at with Cigna. I was there just a few weeks ago. They also denied me on the same grounds for not having the 2-26 week diets. Although I had started on one with my PCP a few months prior when I heard they were requiring it, but had not completed it. Anyway after receiving my written denial I contacted Walter Lindstrom at his website and wrote him a detailed message as to why Cigna was denying me, and he contacted me in a few days with all the info to retain his services. I choose to do the expedited appeal and in within a few days he had sent an appeal on my behalf. They have 30 days to respond. I received a call 28 days after the appeal was sent on a Friday from the nurse reviewer and missed her call. She only left a vague message about the call and I had to wait until Monday to find out that they had approved me... Walter and Kelly were ecstatic and said that I was the first to win with Cigna on the first appeal, but they were getting results some just sooner than others. If you would like additional information just drop me an email. Maybe we can swap phone numbers. Hugs & Blessings, Vikki
(deactivated member)
on 9/20/03 5:55 am - Miami, FL
I have been denied by my insurance co. and I already paid to have my gastric bypass surgery done. If you find an attorney to take your case please let me know. Gladys Rosario 305 2551474 Miami, Fl.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views