alway nauseaus

exc98765
on 9/16/03 9:25 am - deltona, fl
I am 4 weeks out and it seems that everything I put in my mouth...does not matter what it is make me nauseaus...I have absolutley no desire to eat anything...has anyone else had this problem...Debbie
GeorgineVJ
on 9/16/03 11:15 am - Caribou, ME
I was asking my surgeon's nurse-prac about this yesterday. I don't have this problem all the time, but when you are nauseous your blood sugar may be down. You should drink a protein shake to at least keep your nutrition up. I find it easier to drink if I blend it with about 2 cups of crushed ice and then I just sip it for hours. I use EAS Advant Edge chocolate fudge or dark chocolate because they are low in carbs and low in fat, but have 15 grams of protein. You should definitely call the doctor and ask though. You didn't mention if you were on BP meds or anything like that. A lot of prescriptions need adjusting soon after surgery and some even get off their meds. It could be more than one thing. I know I personally have a hard time discerning between hunger and nausea, so I always err on the side of hunger and try to get something in. Good Luck.
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/03 12:37 pm - Fort Myers, FL
Hi Debbie, I get nauseus whenever I eat too much carb type stuff. Cream of wheat and cereal are two major offenders for me. Good luck, hope it gets better soon. Lynda ME/FL
John B.
on 9/16/03 10:32 pm - New Port Richey, FL
Debbie, I wish I could be the bearer of good news for you, but....... I have a nauseaus problem too. My problem is I can eat the exact same thing two days in a row and one day I'm fine and the next I get sick. Unfortunitly, we are just gonna have to learn what our bodies can tolerate. This is an individual thing. What works for me, may not work for you. But coming back to the various boards and asking questions is the right idea. My first two months were the worst for the nausea episodes. Best of luck to you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views