3 Weeks Post Op Results

GeorgineVJ
on 9/15/03 6:04 am - Caribou, ME
Howdy AMOS Florida Family! I just got back from my 3 week appointment with Chris at Dr. Haicken's office. She took out my 4 deep sutures (ouch!) - does it ever feel GREAT to have them out. Also, I lost another 6 pounds, for a grand total of 31 pounds in 3 weeks. I am going to have to buy myself a scale - I don't think I can go 3 more weeks without weighing myself. I see Dr. Haicken on October 6, 2003 for my 6 week checkup. I am easily getting in my 50 grams of protein daily and getting in all my supplements and drugs. I also reinvented my favorite treat, the Starbucks Mocha Frappachino, using my favorite chocolate protein drink and procel powder! I am so thankful that this was an option for me. I remember going in to Dr. Haicken's office way back in January, wondering how hard this was going to be and how I would ever get through the preop testing, insurance hassles, and learning a new lifestyle... but whatever you are determined to do, you can do! It's amazing how much inner strength I found and I am still amazed that it was just short of 3 weeks ago that I had surgery. I feel like it was MONTHS ago, a distant memory. Thanks again, Dr. Haicken!
Anita R.
on 9/15/03 12:03 pm
Georgine - WHAT GREAT NEWS! You go girl - you are doing GREAT! I know what you mean about the memories of your past. They seems like so long ago vs. 4 weeks. I went back to Dr. O and he said that all I needed to do was to put guaze on the incision and that it would be better for the incision to continue healing rather than closing it back up - it might cause more infection. So I am taking it easy and just enjoying the blessing that I have been given with this surgery. I also lost 10 additonal lbs in 8 days - grand total officially 36 lbs (42 unofficially) in 3.5 wks. Best of luck and keep in touch - Hugs!
Mirabelle
on 9/16/03 3:56 pm
You ladies are doing wonderful. I bet its very exciting to see the weight come off. Take care of those stitches, you don't want any infections. Are you able to get up and do your usual things as yet?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views