10 Days Post-Op and doing well!

Vikki L.
on 9/15/03 12:22 am - Clermont, FL
Hi All, Thought I would drop in and let everyone know that I'm doing good after an uneventful surgery on the 5th. Came home on Sunday night haven't been able to sit upright at the computer for long to post so I thought today I would try and extend things a little further.. Well, as for the hospital part of the stay I have to say I was very disappointed with ORMC. The PM care was almost non existent, thank goodness my husband stayed with me the whole time... Several times at night they would shut off the call buttons and never even respond... And I actually came away with an injury that may require plastic surgery and has nothing to do with WLS.. The carelessness or lack of skills with the insertion and removal of the NG tube left me with a missing chunk from the outer rim of my nose.. Talk about painful ouch.. Dr. O was livid made them take pictures and document everything. Otherwise surgery was uneventful, just glad to be home.. Try and post more later.. Hugs and Blessings-
Anita R.
on 9/15/03 11:59 am
Vikki - II am glad to hear you are doing well other than the issues with the NG tube. I totally agree with you on the lack of the skills that the nursing staff presented at ORMC. I was also very disappointed with the professionalism at ORMC. As a matter of fact, my boyfriend and I both actually had to complain to get assistance! I called Dr. Overcash's office to complain and my boyfriend called the head nurse and the hospital administrator. I tried to call you while you were in the hospital and they could not even find you listed. I wish I could have spoken to you prior to your surgery regarding ORMC, but I am very glad to hear that you had your husband with you during your stay. I know that there were times when I called for nursing staff that they were unavailable too. There must be some type of grievance you can sign and possibly a suite for the lack of negligence. Gee I can't imagine what you went through with the NG tube, that thing was so disgusting and painful. Let me know if I can be of help to you. 407-971-2164 Anita Rogers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views