YELLOW COLORED SEEPAGE ON INCISION -

Anita R.
on 9/8/03 5:21 am
Just wanted to touch base and see if any of you guys knew if having a yellow colored seepage, which is oozing from my incision. Also there also seems to be a crusty scabbing effect going on. Need to ask advice if this is normal or not and if I should consultant a doctor. I am having pain on the right side of the incision, which is the area where my stomach is - do I am not sure if this is normal or if there is a connection between the two. I am post-op 19 days.
GeorgineVJ
on 9/8/03 8:40 am - Caribou, ME
Anita, mine totally did that. It was only a couple days after I got my first half of staples out. They told me it was completely normal, part of the healing process. I asked them what to do and they said just to keep it dry. I was not to put alcohol or peroxide on it. While it was oozy, I kept bandaids or a telfa pad over it, taped to my skin, and it stopped being oozy in a day or so. I also have the crusty stuff going on, and today when I had the second half of my staples out, some of it fell off when the steri strips were peeled off. It acted infected the first day (red, warm, itchy) but cleared right up from leaving it alone. When you get cut like that, the edges of your skin die, and sometimes a little of the fat just underneath your skin. It has to go somewhere so it oozes and peels, and then you are left with dry tender new skin. It is just part of the healing process, so don't worry. When you should worry is if the redness spreads to your whole incision, it all gets oozy and you see pus... and you'll probably have a fever. That means you have an infection and you'll need to be seen. I hope that helps. My oozy nastiness was at each staple, and the skin in that area totally peeled off like a blister and then a couple days later is all fresh and new skin.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views