Woo Hoo! 2 weeks out, 25 pounds down!

GeorgineVJ
on 9/8/03 5:19 am - Caribou, ME
And all my staples are gone now! I am so thrilled with my progress. I am feeling great, I have lots of energy, I can start eating pureed foods, I am getting in all my supplements and drugs, and I'm getting just over 40 grams of protein a day, so I'm almost up there! I feel great! Next week I get my 4 deep sutures removed, and then my skin on my tummy will feel GREAT! Have a great week, everyone!
Anita R.
on 9/8/03 5:45 am
Georgine - Congratulations I know you are happy to get the rest of your staples out - that is GREAT. I am now eating baby foods - I love the Gerber Lasgna with meat sauce. There are small pieces of pasta - so I make sure I chew about 30 times to make sure evething goes down good. I am having an issue with seppage from my incision stating the day after my staples were removed - a nurse friend of mine said that it could be an infection and Dr. O said it was normal, so I am jus****ching it. Today at work I noticed that it is sepping more - I called my primary and he will not even see me regarding anything to do with my surgery. I just don't understand that comment - I do understand the liability issue, but I have been released from the surgeon. What does one do if they have issues related and their surgeon is a distance from them. I could see where this could be an issue - my surgeon basically does the surgery and I do not feel he does follow-up care and I am use to prior to this procedure. I wanted someone to look at the incision and maybe even do a cultural and make sure things are okay - this is not the way Dr. O works. Not sure where to turn now or if I should even worry. My first instinct is to switch primary doctors. Keep up the GREAT work and keep in touch!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views